New firmware 15/03/3016

The craft flies now. I am not sure why I would want to go through all the trouble of relinking the controller, calibrating the imu, or all that other nonsense....

The message popped up on DJI GO> if the craft continues to fly fine on the Litchi app, I will just delete the DJI GO app...

Make sure you are not running the DJI Go and litchi app at the same time (one in the background). That definitely gives funky control issues as both apps are trying to control the Phantom through the RC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Installed the update today as was a lovely day for a wee fly at the soccer.

First 17 mins was fine up to about 380ft n recording no problem. Battery got to just before low battery warning then for no reason dji go app completely disconnected for about 30 seconds.

It came back on itself and decided to bring the bird back down. Upon landing saif compass was abnormal.

Recharged battery and recalibrated compass again n was fine although didnt get back down to low battery warning again.

Will try again weather permitting tomorrow

I have a question. How do you prevent the phantom and the go app from auto updating?
Thanks. Jim B.

Go to app store. Go to my apps . Find app. At top of app is tool bar. Click and auto update there.

I have the argtek mod. And was only getting 1800 ft. Last night i loaded litchi app. I was able to get to 2800ft befor turn around. My furthest by far. I also had geavr and tried that 2. Pretty neat. Worth the app. Only thing is it sucks battery down. And app drops alot.

Well that was scary, updated firmware, calibrated IMU, did compass dance and went for test flight.

Total loss of both signals at 400m, RTH auto initiated. It came back with no video link at all, only telemetry. Cancelled RTH when I could see it and flew her in with no video link, even after landing no video link and constant weak transmission signals.

I have lost RC signal before but never video link.

Re-booted everything and tentatively took her up again but stayed close. All links restored and the camera had recorded all the time.

Not at all happy with my results, I will test it again Tomorrow but my confidence is dented.

That happened to me on last firmware up date a month ago. Two or three weeks later another firmware update.

What I noticed after firmware update:
1. My range has improved. I got about 500 meters before, now I get 627 meters from the same spot. I`m not sure if this is only a coincidence but I like it.
2. After my signal was lost aircraft went to home point, but when it came close enough I still had "RC signal lost" in status bar and unable to cancel RTH. The aircraft has landed 5 meters away from me, but I still had the same status and could not do anything with it. Only when I restarted my drone the status became "Safe to fly GPS". After that I repeated situation, but the result was the same - the aircraft lands and gives "RC signal lost".

Any ideas what could happen in #2 ?

have any of the people who were having Loss of transmission short range issues after the last update...(like myself) download and installed the update and had approval? I am scared to do the new update since I dont want it to get even worse.

There is nothing in the notes about improved transmitter however DJI never even admitted that there was a problem to begin with.
were you having problems with loss of signal with your RC? are you flying a standard?

What I noticed after firmware update:
1. My range has improved. I got about 500 meters before, now I get 627 meters from the same spot. I`m not sure if this is only a coincidence but I like it.
2. After my signal was lost aircraft went to home point, but when it came close enough I still had "RC signal lost" in status bar and unable to cancel RTH. The aircraft has landed 5 meters away from me, but I still had the same status and could not do anything with it. Only when I restarted my drone the status became "Safe to fly GPS". After that I repeated situation, but the result was the same - the aircraft lands and gives "RC signal lost".

Any ideas what could happen in #2 ?
I'd try re-linking the rc and p3

From a support email from DJI:

Per signal lost,please try:
1.relink drone with rc as following:
Phantom 3 Tutorials -How to link the Phantom 3 Standard and Remote Controller

Reactions: AngryBird
My signal fluctuations that I was having at close rage seem to have improved since the update. My overall range seems about the same, in heavy wifi congested areas I am getting about 1200 feet. In my neighborhood I was out to 1800 feet. In both cases I lost video signal, but not control. When using the on screen Return To Home prompt, it reported Operation timed out. I turned the remote control off and the bird initiated return to home and landed safely. I couldn't remember if it was S1 or S2 3 times to do it on the controller. When it was in range I turned the remote back on and had control back before landing. So overall it seems stability of the signal has improved, while range not so much for me.

hello everybody,
facing a problem and in need of assistance
got a new tablet for my phantom 3 standard and following the dji go app installation it asked to upgrade firmware,
so far so good
firmware upgrade failed and it gave me such message
now when I turn on the phantom the gymbal does the usual movements but it does not give out the three beeps it used to give. It does the movements in silence and when it is done then it starts emitting distinct loud beeps nonstop
any idea what I might have done wrong???
remove your dji go apps first. reinstal it and try upgrading the firmware. i hope it will help you..

All solved, flies perfectly. Right now it is in its box in transit to its new owner.
P3S sold. Ordered P4 should have it in three weeks.
Thanks all for your advise and instructions.
Be seeing you.

Toggle it 3 times.... That insures you don't accidentally activate it during normal use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4