New firmware 15/03/3016

hello everybody,
facing a problem and in need of assistance
got a new tablet for my phantom 3 standard and following the dji go app installation it asked to upgrade firmware,
so far so good
firmware upgrade failed and it gave me such message
now when I turn on the phantom the gymbal does the usual movements but it does not give out the three beeps it used to give. It does the movements in silence and when it is done then it starts emitting distinct loud beeps nonstop
any idea what I might have done wrong???

Failed firmware upgrade, happened to me also. Power down your RC, and Phantom and kill the DJI Go app on your mobile device. Turn on the RC, then the Phantom, find the Network on your Mobile Device and then relaunch the DJI Go app. You should be able to go out to the home screen (if not already there) (where the graphical image of the Phantom is displayed and where it asked you to start the firmware upgrade) and reinitiate the firmware upgrade again by clicking on the blue bar at the top where it shows "Firmware Downloaded". Just make sure you do not reset any of the devices nor does your mobile device fall asleep during the upgrade process. The annoying loud beeping should go away after it reaches 70% or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: friar
Reporting
Had already started re-upgrading totally by chance in the order you instructed
Read your message at 60% and magically at
68% upgraded beeping stopped, front leds constant red, rear leds flashing yellow
you are an angel
Remedy Verified Thanks

Waiting for it to complete upgrade will check back
Thanks again

Sounds like many of you are having problems upgrading... Then losing sync with transmitter and phantom before or after the update.

I have not upgraded mine yet.

Since some of you have upgraded successfully - please report back to let everyone know of noticeable improvements if any, stability etc etc..

We need updates please

i guess we all need to sell our standards and move to advanced or professional, we just going to have an endless issue with this range . I feel DJI needs to step up and either upgrade the modules in the craft and remote I think this is a hardware issue and not a FW issue

I wont be buying anything else from DJI.

I've had three brand new phantom 3 standards and all 3 of them suffered from hairline cracks under one of the motors within the first 2-5 gentle flights (fully balanced) props.

My third one, I decided to replace the shell.. So far so good (although I keep checking and wondering if I can see another one appearing).

Good luck to those who purchased the phantom 4... Be interesting to see if any cracks are reported later down the line.

Too windy here to fly today. Have to wait till tomorrow for me to try, but otherwise looks good and ready to go. Verified all my settings are still set (even though it warned they would be reset).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well its late and it is dark and cold outside.
Will do some test runs tomorrow morning.

Try Litchi, I have 1080p60 in my PH3S. My firmware: v1.3.0050
Where can you change those settings in litchi?
I'm using the iOS version, which I think might be the problem in finding that option.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Very good morning to all the nice people.

Ok, lets get down to it. This morning’s trial runs total disappointment. They took place in wide open space with no obstacles or any metal structures within 200 metres.

CSC (compination stick command) gone. Would not start nor stop motors.

Control sticks gone mad. If touched gently just a little, craft moved opposite way that it was supposed to do. Had to give a hefty push to follow correct direction.

Furthermore it would not reverse nor slide to the left.

As far as rotation is concerned same behavior. Pulled left stick a little to the left it rotated clockwise to the right. Extend pull to the left and then it rotated correctly anticlockwise to the left. Similar behaviour for the other direction. Funny ain’t it???

I did not try Home Lock or Cource Lock. The upgrade must have gone sour….

I must mention that I did not have any crashes nor had dropped craft or radio control unit.

Any clues any suggestions???

I read elsewhere about an IMU calibration.
Oh well whatever that might be.I think I got to get down to it.
I am not a pilot or photographer, now I must become a flight engineer as well????:(

You can calibrate the control sticks:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I dare say that I found this forum very friendly informative and helpful.
I have read a lot about the Phantom and watched quite a number of videos but I have missed the small print.
Its funny though that it worked perfectly out of the box and then developed such a behaviour after the firmware update.
Again thanks everybody have a nice day...:):):)

Last edited:
When firmware is updated it is changing all the bits in the memories of each of the processors. When it is perfect the previous settings remain untouched and still work with the new software that is being installed. Sometimes your settings and calibration factors get stomped on and can cause weird reactions. Unlucky for you, it has appeared to happen.

For each of these Google a video or read the manual on how to do it:

1. Try and relink the RC to the Phantom, the binding of the two may be off and confusing the connection. I and others have seen this in the past after a firmware update. (Remember the secret button under the left front arm of the Phantom to start the process on the Phantom.)

2. Before running an IMU Cal, run an IMU check (the buttons are in DJI Go app next to each other.). The IMU check will compare the correctly stored values against the aircraft sitting still right where you have it (level on a table). If an IMU cal is required make sure you do it when the Phantom is cold (it does make a difference) and make sure you do it on a level vibration free surface (Level concrete pad). It will run for about 10min.

3. Rerun a Compass Cal. Should always do this after a firmware update and when you are in a new location. Easy to do.

4. RC Stick cal is actually the last thing as I have not seen that go out of cal before. You can check that in the DJI Go app also (stick position).

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: friar
Guys I just sold my p3s I'm going to buy the advance. Going backwards with this issue of range is not cool.

Found that the new update changes the way my battery shows the charging rate. Earlier the batter lights would fill as the battery charged and blink the next light; now it only shows the blinking from left to right not stopping on until full.

Said to hear yours did not improve. Flew mine this morning with the new firmware and I have to agree with @Bob8619 and say the FPV feed is smoother and definitely better locked in. I received RC warnings and the FPV was still full strength. RC warnings where expected for where I was flying and the distance with trees between me and the Phantom. No RTH engaged so the signal remained strong enough. New firmware for me seams to be better and my bird is flying just fine. Hope others have good luck also.

Reactions: Nabzo
Found that the new update changes the way my battery shows the charging rate. Earlier the batter lights would fill as the battery charged and blink the next light; now it only shows the blinking from left to right not stopping on until full.

gvsukids, is your battery hot or really cold? That sounds more like an error code. I'm not aware that the new firmware updated the batteries firmware also. Have a look at the manual for the battery flash patterns.

Before doing the firmware upgrade, I updated my Go app to v2.7.0, and upon completion of updating the app, the FW notification went away. Any way to do it manually?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Go to dji.com (obviously) and select support, product support, choose your UAV, select downloads, download the firmware an the how-to-pdf.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31