New Drone ?

I am looking to get another Drone. I would like some opinions.I couldn't think of a better place to ask then here. A little history. I have a few drones the Q-500,the Breeze
A P-4.the Tello and a lot of toy ones. What I wand is a good drone for videos.Do I go with Mavic its a little pricey? Sparks? I am not sure about the camera. Parrot Anafi? or do I just save up my money and splurge for the Inspire? Witch would take me a few years to save for and since I an just a hobbyist is that over kill?
Good questions! I am in no hurry really just not sure what I should do next.

I see you got a lot of responses, but I’ll just give you my input too ?. I use the P4P+ v1 commercially and it takes awesome pictures and video. I was going to purchase a I2 but haven’t felt the need. I also have a spark for interior video.

If I were you, I’d wait to see what’s coming and what the China tariffs will do for the price of DJI drones...

Here is a video I took recently.. it’s in 4K at 30fps. It’s crystal clear on a monitor not sure how it’ll come across on a smart phone but you get the idea...

Last edited:
I have a P3A and a spark. The phantom in my view is too bulky for carrying around, the spark perfect. And for me the videos and stills are good enough. Like you im a hobbyist, so it suits me fine, and it’s not too pricey.
If youre looking for sharp, near perfect videos and photos, stick with option one at the top - THe DJI P4P cant be beat.
The Spark is a nice small unit but you wont have control of focus. If its going to be used as a toy or if image quality is not something you are fussy about, the Spark is a great choice.

Thanks for all the response I think I’m gonna take my time with this.. Keep on giving me your opinions . I will probably do something next year ?
Take a look at the Autel Evo. Incredible 4k 60fps video. Inexpensive on eBay. ;)

There is no Mavic Mini. There is a Mavic Mini Rumor. Get a Mavic Air. 4K camera, 2 mile range, works with 3rd party apps, or with DJI Crystal Sky Controller. You can fly with any 3rd party app and it has almost all of the auto flight modes that the Man Pro 2 has. Heck you can even fly it with the DJI Goggles. Perfect for real estate, events, or local sports. I know I have one, and a Man Pro 2 and a Man Pro Zoom and a Phantom 4 Pro 2 Plus and an Inspire 2, and a Tello.

This is me.

Skip Fredricks Speaking at InterDrone .png

@Fatman Fantom
With all due respect to you this has been shown to be no more than false news. Look it up on YouTube. It’s merely a 3D printer copy. I ask you with all of the new pending changes in Drone rules and new laws from Government Regulation Worldwide, why would DJI put out a new Drone not knowing the rule changes for countries worldwide? You really think a multi billion dollar company like that would just throw caution to the wind and say whatever?? This is exactly why we have not seen new products from our Major Makers this year. No company has an inside guy telling them the changes coming in individual countries. Honestly it’s just fact. Everyone will wait until countries like the US & UK get their ducks in a row.
No disrespect to you but if you think about it would you trash work that you MAY have been working on for several years just to say oh well?

Have a great day. Rumors are merely rumors. Anyone can start a feeding frenzy.

I am looking to get another Drone. I would like some opinions.I couldn't think of a better place to ask then here. A little history. I have a few drones the Q-500,the Breeze
A P-4.the Tello and a lot of toy ones. What I wand is a good drone for videos.Do I go with Mavic its a little pricey? Sparks? I am not sure about the camera. Parrot Anafi? or do I just save up my money and splurge for the Inspire? Witch would take me a few years to save for and since I an just a hobbyist is that over kill?
A GOOD second hand 3 Professional will do you fine just dont going upgrading any thing Take care

There is some truth in the saying, "size matters". In this instance the size of the drone being big enough to house an ideal sized camera processor. Many bloggers think that is a limiting factor with the smaller M2P. As a photographer, I have a P4P and like it very much but I was interested in getting a M2P because of its portability. I have just done a week of research and my opinion, like many others here, is that the P4P is photographically top dog in its price point. The video's and still's are excellent for a one inch sensor. Yes, the M2P has higher tech, but that does not seem to translate into better photography, at least so far. So make a list of your priorities and go from there. There is no same right answer for everyone and remember you are dealing with a moving target as further updates come along, so reading old reviews can be misleading.
I would recommend viewing this video (link below) which is Billy Kyle's second comparison of the P4P versus the M2P. Billy is known for his well researched and impartial YouTube content.
. Good luck.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
So far the P4P is at the top of my list. But its hard for me to buy a P4P when my P4 stander works great.

So far the P4P is at the top of my list. But its hard for me to buy a P4P when my P4 stander works great.
The P4 and P4 pro look similar but if you are serious about photography there's a huge difference.
The camera of the P4 pro is 10 times better than the one in the P4.
There are some minor tech improvements but the camera is the big deal.
If you aren't seriously into your photography, there's no great advantage in the upgrade.

My next drone is most definitely going to be the mavic 2 Pro. It will go very well with the Fujifilm xt3 camera I'm buying because of the 10 bit color. After that I'm going to do a lot of work and a lot of saving and by the Inspire 2 Pro combo on Amazon that has prores raw capabilities. That will probably take a few years of saving. If you are a beginner, then you can't beat the Phantom 3 standard to learn on, since you have only had experience with smaller toy drones, it would probably be a good idea to learn on a cheap drone like the Phantom 3 standard, because it's not the end of the world if you crash it. But, the mavic 2 Pro, that's under $1,500, is a ton of value for the money, and it will fit in your backpack a lot easier LOL.

Someone crashed into my car a couple months ago, and I got a very large settlement from the insurance company. I was hoping to use some of it to buy a new drone, but the new car I bought to replace my old car had to go to the mechanic, and ended up costing every last bit of the settlement, and then some...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT