new doubts

Reaction score
Big Hi to all!

Very happy with this "toy of the future". Wanting to know everything about my phantom... Here are some doubts

1) About the VPS, (that stabilize the aircraft indoors, right?), is it turned on like the gps, automaticaly, or should i do something to start it? because when i turn phantom indoor here it get the atti-mode... and not on the P-OPTI (with vps..)

2) Have someone already tested the option to set the current aircraft position as a home point ? My doubt is: Does it send to the saved point at the same altitude? or it land at that point?

3) a situation: I want to fly it indoor and just go throw windows (big spaces for both). When i turn it on it dosnt get gps signal cause its indoor. When i fly outside it get gps almost instantly and the home point is setted.. If i loose signal ahead, it will return to the same place and altitude that when the gps signal was jus received? if not, what should happen?

BIG THANKS - im a newbie on this thing and really trying to understand everything, doing a lot of tests before take big flyght.. I just went hightest like 60 mt and distance... im still afraid of loosing my new lover

1) About the VPS, (that stabilize the aircraft indoors, right?), is it turned on like the gps, automaticaly, or should i do something to start it?
I think it is on by default, but you can turn it on and off in the app.
i-sr7wBCP-L.jpg

2) Have someone already tested the option to set the current aircraft position as a home point ? My doubt is: Does it send to the saved point at the same altitude? or it land at that point?
It will record the current position of the Phantom as its home point and you can keep flying. This is very useful if you are launching near trees.
Take off .. climb to a safe altitude above trees .. set home point .. now your Phantom will not RTH through the trees. In RTH the Phantom could land itself or you could resume control and land wherever you want.

3) When i fly outside it get gps almost instantly and the home point is setted.. If i loose signal ahead, it will return to the same place and altitude that when the gps signal was just received? if not, what should happen?
RTH will come back to wherever the Phantom recorded home point but you can resume control at any time if you have signal.

Reactions: clkilljoy
Thanks so much Meta4!

any idea why im not getting VPS indoor here?

ah one more doubt: FUNCTION MODE.. what is it? (that " f " on the controller)..

on the manual it doesnt explain.. just about the P mode..

THANKS again

If i loose signal ahead, it will return to the same place and altitude that when the gps signal was jus received? if not, what should happen?
When RTH kicks in, your Phantom will climb to the preset RTH altitude (whatever you set in the DJI Pilot application). If already at or above that altitude, it will return at its current altitude. Also, if you press the throttle while it's climbing to the RTH altitude, it will immediately start returning at its current altitude.

any idea why im not getting VPS indoor here?
I haven't used VPS so can't speak from experience but it is limited to well lit environments and the floor has to have a clear pattern for it to recognise. Perhaps that is the issue?

one more doubt: FUNCTION MODE.. what is it? (that " f " on the controller)..
on the manual it doesnt explain.. just about the P mode.
Check the IOC section in the Appendix of the manual ... only a couple of pages before the end.

any idea why im not getting VPS indoor here
You can only use VPS while in P-mode.

what is it? (that " f " on the controller)
This is covered in the "Flight Mode" section of the Phantom manual. F-mode is for using the IOC functions. Currently, the only option is course lock.

Tnks Meta4 and Msinger.

I have 4 little manuals here

Quick start guide
In the Box
safety guidelines
intelligent flight battery

should i have more? I dont see nothing about this Function flight mode...

and about the VPS, i know that i have to stand on the P mode, but here indoor, im not getting it...

THANKSS guys

You can download the Phantom manual here.

Last edited:
The manual states "By default, only P-mode may be used. Refer to your user manual for unlocking other the modes". So,,, how does one unlock the other modes?

EDIT: Uhh. Found it... P55 of the manual...

Last edited:
Big Hi to all!

3) a situation: I want to fly it indoor and just go throw windows (big spaces for both). When i turn it on it dosnt get gps signal cause its indoor. When i fly outside it get gps almost instantly and the home point is setted.. If i loose signal ahead, it will return to the same place and altitude that when the gps signal was jus received? if not, what should happen?

Nononononononnononono NO! Do NOT fly through a window! Unless you hate your drone do NOT do this. When crossing over the sill there is a major pressure difference the drone will get a massive lift boost and very likely smash into something it will not peacefully cross like you think. Do not even think of doing this.

Nononononononnononono NO! Do NOT fly through a window! Unless you hate your drone do NOT do this. When crossing over the sill there is a major pressure difference the drone will get a massive lift boost and very likely smash into something it will not peacefully cross like you think. Do not even think of doing this.

Actualy i did it

But its not something that im planing to do again for two main reasons: 1 i have to do it on atti mode (like i said im not getting vps here) and the 2 is that my heart beated very fast!!

Its because i have a very big space just right off my windows... But im trying to find a solution to take off from somewhere else... Im gonna try to show photo video of it...

I find this rather difficult to believe.
It just sounds wrong.
Are you speaking from experience or are you guessing?
What are the physics for this?
There should be no pressure difference or massive lift just from flying out of an open window.
DJI showed this in one of their launch videos for the P3 and there were no dire consequences.
Jump to 1:03:45 in this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Look at the place that im wondering about to take off.. Its already outside (gps will be found) and i think its enought space to take off (like 1,5 feet from the wall)

I imagine that if i take off moving forward i would not have problem..

Im gonna try to put the video that i flew throw my window...

image.jpg

Hogwash.
Prevailing wind or breezes once outside will have an effect of course but nothing just because your transitioning in otherwise calm conditions.

Hogwash.
Prevailing wind or breezes once outside will have an effect of course but nothing just because your transitioning in otherwise calm conditions.

Hogwash ? It is simple physics. When the drone is transiting through the window the downward thrust is no longer constant and equal, some of the thrust is pushing against the ground, some against the sil, some against the inside floor. Go fly a drone through a window 10 times. You wish crash at least 5.

Going through a doorway, is fine, a window which by definition is going to have different elevations present is a horrible idea.

It is simple physics. When the drone is transiting through the window the downward thrust is no longer constant and equal, some of the thrust is pushing against the ground, some against the sil, some against the inside floor.
So the downthrust is what holds a drone in the air?
How does mine stay in the air 100 metres up?
It's not because the downthrust is pushing against the ground.

Reactions: Hughie and N017RW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic