New DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian??

The darker gray would actually be easier to see against the sky but your right it would def be harder to see in trees ect. I really like the look of it tbo! But no way would I ever buy since I already have the white. I'm sure they are just gettng rid of shells and making room for the next bird!
[/QUOTE]
This is what DJI does all the time! It wouldn't hurt them to come out with a Different Brighter colored Drone. I mean, I have my Autel Pumpkin, bright Orange and you can see it along ways off. I am considering Painting both my Phantoms brighter Colors, Florescent Yellow or something along that line.

This is what DJI does all the time! It wouldn't hurt them to come out with a Different Brighter colored Drone. I mean, I have my Autel Pumpkin, bright Orange and you can see it along ways off. I am considering Painting both my Phantoms brighter Colors, Florescent Yellow or something along that line.[/QUOTE]
Wow! I couldn't stand mine being that wild of a color. Just personal preference. I actually love the white. Stays cooler. I don't really care about seeing mine too much as I am in the monitor most of the time trying to concentrate on a path.

Too bad they can't author decent firmware and software to operate these birds. In stead it is glitz and glamour and lousy flying firmware that they won't fix.

Reactions: whitelineNI
...well, I guess I gotta give a few props to DJI:

...regarding their horrible track record with firmware updates....they are finally going to reward us for being their "department of beta testers" - from their site:

"Rewards for qualifying bugs will range from $100 to $30,000, depending on the potential impact of the threat. DJI is developing a website with full program terms and a standardized form for reporting potential threats related to DJI’s servers, apps or hardware. Starting today, bug reports can be sent to [email protected] for review by technical experts."

IMG_2237.JPG
...and if you want a different colored bird, just wrap it for $30! I prefer bright red for visibility

Being a suspicious person by nature, I think there may be more to the new gimbal than anti-fingerprint. The existing P4 series really don't have a problem with fingerprints on the gimbal but there are a lot of reported gimbal problems which they can't seem to fix with software so they have made a new gimbal out of magnesium "to a higher standard manufacturing technique " and changed the colour of the body to obsidian to match.

What I want: Revolutionary change in the P4 platform I can use my same batteries/accessories (prop guards, FliFli, etc)....I have a lot of money tied up in this platform.

What we got: Gray

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
Being a suspicious person by nature, I think there may be more to the new gimbal than anti-fingerprint. The existing P4 series really don't have a problem with fingerprints on the gimbal but there are a lot of reported gimbal problems which they can't seem to fix with software so they have made a new gimbal out of magnesium "to a higher standard manufacturing technique " and changed the colour of the body to obsidian to match.
Perhaps the special ed will be able to hover at a stable rate?

P4Pro Obsidian has an "upgraded" camera gimbal: "Electroplated, anti-fingerprint coated, and built out of magnesium, DJI says the new gimbal requires a higher standard of manufacturing."
Images and video still have a tilted horizon.

LOL I thought you were kidding.. Its for real
Yeah, the statement from DJI is for real, unfortunately, but the relevance to flying the drone is ridiculous. Give me a break DJI, are people really complaining about fingerprints on their camera? Tell me, who gives a flying flip about fingerprints on the camera? I can think of a dozen other areas DJI could develop improvements, and customers would appreciate them WAY BEFORE worrying about fingerprints on the camera. :rolleyes:

Maybe the new gimbal will solve the gimbal flip issues that have been reported. That is the sole reason I never bought a p4p.

This is not their first rodeo with the color black. DJI produced a black version of the P4 exclusively for Best Buy stores in the US. This new version looks identical.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dji-phantom-4-special-edition-quadcopter-black/5622668.p?skuId=5622668

You beat me to it. That's what I have. A Black "Best Buy" Edition P4. Looks pretty much like this one. Made me laugh when I saw they were coming out with a "new" color. Yes, it's new to the P4P but it's what I already have on my P4 (although John Locke posted that my version is darker).

Yes, it's new to the P4P but it's what I already have on my P4 (although John Locke posted that my version is darker).

Seems a shade lighter than the Black Best Buy P4, but it may be the lighting. See the black motors versus the lighter Obsidian color plastic?

upload_2017-9-3_22-45-56.png

Here the P4 motors are lighter color than the craft body, but they could just be lighter color motors.

upload_2017-9-3_22-47-15.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl