New DJI Official Phantom 3 Sun Shields

Reaction score
I haven't seen any mention of it on here yet, so thought I'd share the news that DJI has released their first official sun shields compatible with the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 transmitters.

Available in a tablet and smartphone version.

RCGeeks-sun-shield.jpg

Just bought Apple mini unit using the pilot app. $36 with S&H. Shipping was more than the unit.

Just bought Apple mini unit using the pilot app. $36 with S&H. Shipping was more than the unit.

I just ordered some repair parts for my Phantom Vision from Helipal and the shipping cost is steep. But the parts are coming from China. I couldn't find everything I needed from one source in the US. I would have had to place two seperate orders so the shipping would have been close. I ordered the shell, two motors, and ESC's. Shipping was about $36 bringing the order to around $169. Ouch. 15 minutes on my first flight. That's really a bummer.

I have tried a couple of sunshades for IPAD mini 3. Failure. Will try to find the new one released by DJI. If anyone has a link please let me know. I have the hardest time seeing my screen. :(

Reactions: MariposaLand
I haven't seen any mention of it on here yet, so thought I'd share the news that DJI has released their first official sun shields compatible with the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 transmitters.

Available in a tablet and smartphone version.

RCGeeks-sun-shield.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/26180844288...49&var=560671871528&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

These are the same as the linked shields first version which I have
They are not deep enough to stop glare
the new version as linked is deeper and the best one I have found out of the 6 I have ordered

IMG_1235.JPG
good (4).JPG

Here is the old version top and new version bottom Either way with a ipad air I would get the inspire mount as the metal makes a big differance

Reactions: Elkbowhunter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261808442882?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=560671871528&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

These are the same as the linked shields first version which I have
They are not deep enough to stop glare
the new version as linked is deeper and the best one I have found out of the 6 I have ordered

View attachment 22904 View attachment 22905

Here is the old version top and new version bottom Either way with a ipad air I would get the inspire mount as the metal makes a big differance

man that looks great!! what cable is that..looks high quality. So if I have the Phantom 3 with IPAD MINI 3 what link is it that I need to order? appreciate it skyhighdiver!.

thanks!! just ordered the 7.9 inch one. I saw that DJI offered a new shade but wanted 20 bucks to ship a 16 dollar shade. I bet this one is just as good? Would you have a link to that USB cable in your photo? sure looks like quality. thanks!

thanks!! just ordered the 7.9 inch one. I saw that DJI offered a new shade but wanted 20 bucks to ship a 16 dollar shade. I bet this one is just as good? Would you have a link to that USB cable in your photo? sure looks like quality. thanks!
yes see last post I added cable link also says 2 weeks delivery on shade but I got both of mine in 8 days

Many of the U.S. Distributors will have the official DJI ones as soon as they are released. This will save on shipping costs and delivery time. It's already showing up on Atlanta hobby and RCdepots websites.

Amazon also has this same shield
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YADK3KA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Hy4IvbK1GMNS2

Hey 2nd
Question: I noticed a new update on DJI Pilot app today June 26th on my IPAD MINI 3 that I use with Phantom 3. So I updated it. So know do I have to update it on my controller and my Phantom 3? Im a rookie on this. I just updated the firmware a couple weeks ago. Is this something I have to also do on Phantom 3? Thanks for your help.....

Have similar one for the air 2, without upgrading to the Inspire mount its too top heavy for long periods. Works great on the tripod mount though

Have similar one for the air 2, without upgrading to the Inspire mount its too top heavy for long periods. Works great on the tripod mount though
I have the Phantom 3 and just ordered this shade above....So I should now order the Inspire Mount? Would you have a link for that? thanks!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31