New DJI goggles

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new goggles that are comin out will work with the P4 or are they mavic only

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

They will only work on aircraft that use OcuSync.

You got it. They are not generic goggles.

Any product description links for the goggles yet?
Thanks!

I believe they are going to have an hdmi input also.

So won't work with P4?

So won't work with P4?

If they just work with OcuSync technology, then they won't work with P4 or any of the existing DJI drone too except Mavic.

This is giving us the hint that DJI might move away from its current LightBridge technology.

It's all speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If they just work with OcuSync technology, then they won't work with P4 or any of the existing DJI drone too except Mavic.

This is giving us the hint that DJI might move away from its current LightBridge technology.

It's all speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

OcuSync is just the connection method to the Mavic. Essentially, the DJI goggles are just display panels with ocusync built in. As for marketing, I cant imagine DJI making the HMD exclusive to the Mavics (I could be wrong). If the DJI Goggles/HMD has HDMI/micro usb/lightning port input, then there might be a chance that it will work with other devices such as the DJI p4/p3 remotes. It's just up to DJI at the end of the day.

I agree, for the cost of adding an HDMI input, it would be silly to abandon the P3/P4 installed user base. I get it that DJI is making Occusync its video connection technology. Depending on cost compared to, say, Fat Shark, I'd consider a pair of DJI Goggles because it's likely that my next drone, Mavic or Phantom, will have Occusync. And, I suppose Occusync will be proprietary, so Fat Shark and the others won't be able to use it. But HDMI is pretty good, so if the DJI Goggles are too expensive, I'd just go the HeadPlay or FatShark route for HDMI rather than paying for Occusync capability that I don't really need right now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl