New Battery Technology. Aluminum Ion

I saw that. Very interesting. Many of DJI's top executives are from Stanford. I would not be surprised if some of them worked on that project.

I truly hope this type of thing continues. Not just for us but in general. Can you imagine a 5 min charge time with a 30 min flight? I give it at least 5 years before they're ready
If they can pull off 30 minutes of flight on 1 minute of charge, it won't revolutionize the UAV world, it will revolutionize the entire world.

That sort of ability will pave the way for an entire new era of as yet unimaginable innovations. Exciting stuff.

I like it - made from aluminum and carbon, two of the most abundant materials on the planet! (I think it's time to buy some shares in Alcoa Aluminum)

You'd have to shove a lot of amps in for a full charge in 1 minute.

Unfortunately, it's only half the volts.. still work in progress.

Quote:
Aluminum cells only carry 40 watts of electricity per kilogram compared to lithium's 100 to 206 W/kg power density. "Improving the cathode material could eventually increase the voltage and energy density," said Dai. "Otherwise, our battery has everything else you'd dream that a battery should have: inexpensive electrodes, good safety, high-speed charging, flexibility and long cycle life. I see this as a new battery in its early days. It's quite exciting."

never needing more than two batteries for continual flight would be great. they might be shooting themselves in the foot??

The big problem that means this won't be flying for quite a while - if ever
Aluminum cells only carry 40 watts of electricity per kilogram compared to lithium's 100 to 206 W/kg power density.

The big problem that means this won't be flying for quite a while - if ever
Aluminum cells only carry 40 watts of electricity per kilogram compared to lithium's 100 to 206 W/kg power density.
They said man couldn't walk on the moon. I have faith that battery tech is on its way. Especially with hybrids and electric vehicles. I'm hoping for a door powered quad. No down time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31