New battery not charging

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here, just yesterday received my P3S with additional battery. And I can't figure out what is going on and is it battery fault or mine.
So I have battery that came with Phantom and extra one, original, packed in DJI box. I was hoping to try flying drone tomorrow morning, so yesterday I've charged battery that came with Phantom, everything went well, drone boots up, everything works, updated firmware, checked that all is OK, and unboxed extra battery. Checked its status - just one blinking light. Connected to charger - all four leds lights up one by one, sequence repeats 3 times and then one green led starts constantly blinking (if led next to button is nr1, then one that blinks is nr4). Looks like charging, right? Wrong - 3 hours on charger, nothing changed, it just blinks, not charging.
What should I do? Bad battery or I do something wrong?

You should return it and get a new one.

@BearFog,
Welcome to the forum!
Yes, that is not the norm.
Will the battery power on, (stay on) like when you power it on in the Phantom. Just curios?

I'm glad your first post wasn't, I crashed my drone, how did this happen.:eek:

Also, msinger has a website with lots of info. ;)
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod

Rod, no it won't stay powered on and drone also is not reacting to it. I gave it back in store, so I hope soon they will replace it to me.

I'm glad your first post wasn't, I crashed my drone, how did this happen.:eek:
When I tried to take off for my first flight, drone made a front-flip :D But I guess it was my fault, I calibrated everything and THEN made FW update and did not recalibrate.

Next day after I've received drone winter started here - lots of snow, very cold temperature, have not seen this kind of weather in november for a long while.
Recalibrated everything, double checked by my pre-flight check list and then made my first flight, that was 2 minutes 30 seconds long :) It was only -3C outside, but my fingers were freezing, and actually cellphone powered off because of low temperature just after I landed the drone.

I am very angry at weather - I can't test my drone for defects and make sure that everything works ok because it is humid, cold, snowing and when I get home from works it is already too dark outside :mad:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj