New battery 1 cell faulty

Reaction score
Hey Guys. New battery today charget it second time and connected to computer and as You can see 1 cell is low voltage. What do You think can i use or some how discharge-charge repair it or this is just permanent fault ??

Zrzut ekranu 2015-07-01 19.28.48.png

Hey Guys. New battery today charget it second time and connected to computer and as You can see 1 cell is low voltage. What do You think can i use or some how discharge-charge repair it or this is just permanent fault ??

View attachment 23591

That's only a close indicator of the batteries cell condition. If it were mine I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes but always when i read about lipos ewerybody says they should be well balanced and so on. I watch couple of videos os crashes and then people says that lipo was not balanced so i start wooried. The phantom fly well dont give me any alarms or something. All my other batteries are spot on with voltage only that one is like that.

Another thing is the battery voltage. 4,23v wchich in my opinion is a little to high don't You think ??

Yes but always when i read about lipos ewerybody says they should be well balanced and so on. I watch couple of videos os crashes and then people says that lipo was not balanced so i start wooried. The phantom fly well dont give me any alarms or something. All my other batteries are spot on with voltage only that one is like that.

If the information you are reading came from the battery manufacture fine but what information you are reading in these forums is coming from so called experts in battery technology. Most of those problems with lipos going up in flames is from over charging with either faulty chargers or units not authorized by the manufactures.

Another thing is the battery voltage. 4,23v wchich in my opinion is a little to high don't You think ??

No i wouldn't consider 4,23 v to be to high. Mine fully charged are 4.201v but these are 9 months old.

If the information you are reading came from the battery manufacture fine but what information you are reading in these forums is coming from so called experts in battery technology. Most of those problems with lipos going up in flames is from over charging with either faulty chargers or units not authorized by the manufactures.

No i wouldn't consider 4,23 v to be to high. Mine fully charged are 4.201v but these are 9 months old.
i believe battery manufacturer don't say much about voltages and any of that;s stuff that's typically electronic related. This product is designed to just plug charger and charge for people qho don't need or want to understand of that's electronic.

But it's nice to hear that i don't need to woory about.

i believe battery manufacturer don't say much about voltages and any of that;s stuff that's typically electronic related. This product is designed to just plug charger and charge for people qho don't need or want to understand of that's electronic.

But it's nice to hear that i don't need to woory about.

When the battery is fully charged the total voltage is 12,6v but as soon as the motors spin up that voltage drops down 11+ volts.

I wrote to DJI support because my regional dealer won't answering to my email and in return they say that i should return battery for replacement and not fly using that battery anymore.

I wrote to DJI support because my regional dealer won't answering to my email and in return they say that i should return battery for replacement and not fly using that battery anymore.

You'll be lucky if you ever here from DJI. Personally I would be out flying with that battery but then I'm not you. Look more then half of what read you about batteries in these forums come from people with every little technical background in battery technology and it's mainly hearsay. Problems about batteries catching fire are due to over charging or damaging those batteries. An for sure I'll catch flack for voicing my opinion but that's life.

Reactions: StudioKamar
Yes i heard about dji costomer service. I am flying with that battery with no problems. Just want to ask in as many places as i can but its a little bit confusing now. But i think i will be flying with that battery till i spot some problem or when the warranty is gonna be ending i send it to distributor. What are Yours thoughts about lipo breaking in process? I mean using it first ten times to no more than 50 percent charge?

Yes i heard about dji costomer service. I am flying with that battery with no problems. Just want to ask in as many places as i can but its a little bit confusing now. But i think i will be flying with that battery till i spot some problem or when the warranty is gonna be ending i send it to distributor. What are Yours thoughts about lipo breaking in process? I mean using it first ten times to no more than 50 percent charge?

Look I fly all my batteries until the quad lands at 14%. Of course I also have FPV with telemetry so i am aware of how the batteries are performing at all times. As i am a videographer my flight are short and within visual line of sight

And how many times You can use battery with that kind of lifecycle? I heard people can use dji batteries sometimes only 40-50 times before battery cannot be used anymore.

And how many times You can use battery with that kind of lifecycle? I heard people can use dji batteries sometimes only 40-50 times before battery cannot be used anymore.

The oldest batteries which 13 months old bought at the same time have 40 & 34 charge cycles and the flight times for those two are a little over 10 minutes each. The other 3 batteries have been cycled 17, 12 and 9 times and 1 was bought Aug 2014 and 2 in Oct 2014 which give me 16 - 15 minutes of flight time.

No. I'm not like the majority of fliers here who land their machines at 30%. As I have said I land at 14% and I have been draining the batteries down using car taillight setup until they are at 8% then recharge them. Here's a photo of the light setup.
IMG_5631.jpg

Last edited:
Nice stuff i got to think about something like that. And You drain the battery to 8percent every 20 flights as dji recommends?

Nice stuff i got to think about something like that. And You drain the battery to 8percent every 20 flights as dji recommends?

No I have been doing with every flight. When the battery v2.6 update came out last Oct. I updated all my batteries before DJI pulled the plug on that update. So right after that update I started to drain all my batteries down to 8% for the ones I used. That firmware update also set into motion an discharge for the batteries. Now some believe in what DJI claims that after 10 days the batteries start to discharge but mine start discharging after 48 hours so if I haven'y flown in a couple of days due to weather I top them off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31