New announcement

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was buying p4p 2 month ago but there was some jobs to do. Now i am free to consern with it.
But if phantom 5 or something better (below i2) will be announced after about a month i can wait for it.
When could it be announced ? Should i wait?

I doubt it'll be announced within the next month since we haven't even seen any leaked information about it.

Reactions: gppms
I'm thinking it wont be until next year now b/c they just released the P4 pro and advanced not too long ago.....maybe i'm wrong, but thats just my prediction....what do you think msinger?

I'm predicting we'll see a P5 by December.

@Batuhan Do you already have a quad or would this be your first one?
This will be first but i am wathing drone videos about 2 years. And i am renting for my work since 2 years. Theoretically i know but i need little practice. I can't decide when should i buy. There are 2 jobs to fly in next month. I am renting about 700 dolar. İf i buy p4p and 2 month later p5 would be announced i should upgrade my all gear. I will buy 6 extra battery and polarpro vivid nd filter. I could loss at least 800 900 dolar when i'm selling it. What should i do ?

You should make an informed decision and go with it. If you're looking for technology to stop or slow, you'll never buy. Everything is relative. I spent over $6000 for a Micron Pentium 90 PC with 32 MB of Memory. At the time it was cutting edge. A drone or anything technology based should not be viewed as an investment, but only a tool.

You pay 700 rental on two jobs and your worried you may loose 900 in resale value with an early P5 release on P4? In that scenario buy now makes sense. You should be 500 ahead after job 4 (based on rental cost).

Reactions: yorlik
This will be first but i am wathing drone videos about 2 years. And i am renting for my work since 2 years. Theoretically i know but i need little practice. I can't decide when should i buy. There are 2 jobs to fly in next month. I am renting about 700 dolar. İf i buy p4p and 2 month later p5 would be announced i should upgrade my all gear. I will buy 6 extra battery and polarpro vivid nd filter. I could loss at least 800 900 dolar when i'm selling it. What should i do ?
When/if DJi release a new P5, it's most likely only going to be a small improvement over the P4 pro and won't make the P4 pro useless.
It's going to fly just the same, and probably have the same camera.

Reactions: Dronefriend
No one EVER has the latest and greatest for long, if at all. It's not possible to stay even with advancing technology's pace.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
DJI Phantom 5 X- Is Coming To Meet Your Expectations!! | Best New Drones 2017-2018 Reviewed
if this is true there is no big difference against p4p. What do you think is that true?

That article is fake.

It's seemingly talking about an old concept video that DJI released several years ago and treating it like the Phantom 5. It gets even worse, as it becomes clear it is intended for people who know nothing about drones or DJI's existing products as most of the "new features" have already been in use for quite awhile now. Also, we have seen this trash article before, it first came out before the first Phantom 4 (the standard) released, and maybe even before that (in fact I think it may even predate the P3). The format is the same, all they do is trot the same article out every few months, do a few minor, lazy changes in the first few paragraphs to me it look like something new then leave the rest alone. Past versions (and maybe even this version, I don't know, I stopped reading) even still mention older models as the new one where they forgot to substitute it. Just take a look farther down the page where it talks about the "Phantom 5's" "new" 1080i camera. Seriously, it does that. I am so tired of this lazy scammy, click bait article.

If you're a working pilot, stop renting and just buy. When the P5 is finally released, you can either trade in or save up so you have both. If you are in the biz, you really do want 2 in case one is down.

Hi everyone. I was buying p4p 2 month ago but there was some jobs to do. Now i am free to consern with it.
But if phantom 5 or something better (below i2) will be announced after about a month i can wait for it.
When could it be announced ? Should i wait?
Buy a refurbished P4 off of DJI's Amazon store or directly from DJI (cheaper from Amazon) . Unless you want the warranty - the super covers crashes warranty - you can't get that on a refurb. I'm super happy with my P4 refurb.

I worked many years ago with IBM. Technology always changes. The issue is NOT to guess when the change will happen. The issue is whether or not today's product, the P4P can do what you need it to do. If yes, buy now. If no, wait.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik