never buy from BH Photo for DJI products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your orders and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. The pending order has been canceled, per your request. Your credit card was never charged so no refund is due.

You are correct -- DJI requires reported product difficulties like yours must be verified by a third-party company before resolution. We regret you find this unsatisfactory but it will be handled as quickly and efficiently as possibly.
--
Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

hmmm...

Wonder why people who buy a DJI drone out of Best Buy or Apple Stores don't go through a third-party resolution company, i.e. they get an instant replacement or refund? I've made two exchanges with B.B. to get a good one without a 3rd party resolution company. B&H excuse smells like a NYC fish salesman. Resolved, but still too much noise to get it done. Bad form.

Don't know. Never had this issue.
Just an FYI post.

True. I've ordered hard to find photo items and one came from a small shop in Kansas somewhere who was a third party seller of Amazon. It came, but it took 5 weeks. And yeah, some of them can be odd in their store policies and returns that are not same as Amazon themselves.

Another was a 3rd party seller from Amazon, but somehow it ended up coming from an Amazon warehouse in Tracy, CA once shipped. They are very odd at times how they work and I don't know if Prime would get you out of trouble with a 3rd party seller either.

Still, B&H Photo handling Inspire 2 returns or issues via an outside source is troubling so they are off my list. Easy brush-off for them. Maybe they do this on very high-dollar exchanges and not so much for smaller ones. Local hobby shop owner has a "Take it up with the manufacturer" policy on everything he sells, no exchanges or help. He ain't on the list either. Another works out of a P.O. box. No thanks.
There are three kinds of selling on amazon.

1. Ship from and sod by amazon. Prime eligible.
2. Sold by 3rd party, fulfilled by amazon. Prime eligible.

From a prime member standpoint there is no difference between the two. Number two is fulfilled from an amazon warehouse and amazon also handles all returns and returns are handled the same as number one for prime members.

3. Third party seller and shipped from 3rd party. This is the one that you have to check return policy, seller ratings, etc.

Just a hurried snip-it from the DJI forum addressing the third party issue.

I'm sure more cases can be found and may offer more 'insight'.

--------------------------------------------

Thank you for your orders and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. The pending order has been canceled, per your request. Your credit card was never charged so no refund is due.

You are correct -- DJI requires reported product difficulties like yours must be verified by a third-party company before resolution. We regret you find this unsatisfactory but it will be handled as quickly and efficiently as possibly.
--
Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video
If that's the case the difference is that the other sellers make good with the customer, then deal with the 3rd party themselves. BH does not, which makes it a hassle and poor service.

hmmm...

Wonder why people who buy a DJI drone out of Best Buy or Apple Stores don't go through a third-party resolution company, i.e. they get an instant replacement or refund? I've made two exchanges with B.B. to get a good one without a 3rd party resolution company. B&H excuse smells like a NYC fish salesman. Resolved, but still too much noise to get it done. Bad form.
That's the other possibility. It's a line of BS.

Or... Maybe they've had problems with B&H in the past.

Some really rush to judgement here.

my experience with b & h photo has always been outstanding! In fact my P4 bought at Christmas new had a problem, B&h had another one on my doorstep the next day, and the malfunctioning P4 was boxed and left outside for pickup and was gone the next day. So I'm not sure what the problem was and when, but recently B&h Photo treated me like royalty, like every experience I've had with them. Great folks in my Opinion!

I always have hated when some dude gets has a bad deal and tries to trash a long time company on the internet. At least the internet has evolved and it's just a fluff story that will get buried over time.

Reactions: Fancher9-76
I bought three Phantoms from BH at different times. I even talked to people on the phone to place my orders. Very nice and helpful.They didn't try to rush me and get off the phone. On one drone, a set of AA nicads and charger came with as a bonus. The charger would not automatically shut off. I called them and they immediately sent me a new charger without wanting the old one back. I have never had to return anything before to them so I don't know how that would go but so far I'm happy with them and will use them.

my experience with b & h photo has always been outstanding! In fact my P4 bought at Christmas new had a problem, B&h had another one on my doorstep the next day, and the malfunctioning P4 was boxed and left outside for pickup and was gone the next day. So I'm not sure what the problem was and when, but recently B&h Photo treated me like royalty, like every experience I've had with them. Great folks in my Opinion!
I would love to know how you managed to get that from them.

Reactions: cHris Rubeiz
I always have hated when some dude gets has a bad deal and tries to trash a long time company on the internet. At least the internet has evolved and it's just a fluff story that will get buried over time.
I came on here to tell the truth and warn others. I'm not some random dude who made crap up to suit myself.

Called them up next morning told them the problem, the next day a new P4 was on my doorstep at 1300. I told them to have delivery man pick up the broke P4. Done

Guys since this has gotten argumentative and from our guidelines
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors
This is now Closed .​
ikOiq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member