Nervous first flight

Reaction score
We have finally had some decent weather and I want to take the new Phantom3 for a test run. I have already done some really short flights but when I get ready to go for a long flight I get nervous and come right back. I guess I need to trust the technology but have this feeling that once I get out there it is going to drop. LOL!

Does the controller have to have clear site to the phantom in order for lightbridge to work? I see some longer flights on youtube and it seems hard to believe that the pilot would still have a good line of sight?

Reaction score
I had the same feeling as you at first... you need what we call "exposure therapy" - keep doing what you are doing basically extending your comfort zone a little on each flight... eventually you will start to feel at ease with longer flights. The other thing I would suggest is spending some time really getting used to flying "nose-in" (IE with the camera facing you) - because, as you know, the controls reverse. Most wrecks are caused by people panicking... so keep plenty of altitude (higher altitude more time to recover from a mistake) and keep calm.

The Phantom is designed to come home if you lose signal - it doesn't drop out of the sky like a rock - so yes... you need to trust the technology a bit. :)

Reactions: dirkclod

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
be brave.gif

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Reaction score
I think when I was done with my sneezing attack it was at 2180ft.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J Coop