Need to replace P4 part after crash and don't know what it's called

Reaction score
So today I was showing a friend of mine all the cool features of the P4. Took my eye away from the drone as it was still moving. Flew into tree and got stuck on the very top limb about 35-40 feet high. Learned my lesson to NEVER take eye off the flying drone. EVER!!!

We were able to build a long enough pole out of PVC pipe to nudge it off the tree limb low enough to where my friend's daughter was able to climb the tree and fetch it.

Upon inspection, two things on the P4 need repair. One is the motors' white plastic piece broke off on impact. See 'Broke off the motor.png' file attached. That was not a biggie. In fact I found replacement on Amazon and it's arriving Friday. The other is that a plastic piece came off the body and I am not sure how to go about looking for a replacement. Please see 'Missing Broke Cover.png' file attached.

Does anyone know how to even go searching for the replacement part. I don't know what it's called and hoping someone can help me identify it so I can order it as well.

Also, if anyone is interested in seeing the bird at the top of the tree, look at this last image (P4 Tree Ornament.png).

Overall I feel that I came away like a bandit realizing that it could have been a lot worse. I called State Farm to inquire about a rider policy as I've seen either here or some Facebook site where folks are picking up policies for ~60/year. I'll be getting one of those as well as soon as I get the quote from them.

Attachments

• Broke off the motor.png
    Broke off the motor.png
    766.1 KB · Views: 469
  • Missing Broke Cover.png
    Missing Broke Cover.png
    428.9 KB · Views: 426
  • P4 Tree Ornament.png
    P4 Tree Ornament.png
    843 KB · Views: 388
Reactions: Neon Euc
Wow you got it caught up on the tippy top!!! Sorry that happened to you. Great that people here are helping with the replacement parts though.

If you call a drone repair shop they can just send you the piece you need. I called a place in California which was on eBay and tell them which landing leg it came off from as each one is different. They sent me 2 for $7.00. Sorry I can't remember the name.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks everyone for your help. Ended up ordering both from Amazon. This morning I received a text from my friend who helped me get the drone down. He went back to the site and found the plastic piece that fits on the landing gear under the tree. I guess when the package arrives from Amazon, I'll have some extra parts. Thanks again. I knew group
Members would come through as always. Glad to be part of this group.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers