Need tech help.. pulling my hair out !!!!

Reaction score
Hi , is there anyone on here with real technical knowledge of these drones?
Im in the outback of spain and nearest dji dealer is 6hr drive away.

No matter what I try I cant get a video feed from the p3p..
everything else works fine, gimbal, compass, gps , flight etc...
but all I get in the dji app is the dji logo in the middle where there should be a video feed...
latest firmware installed, remote re linked.. still the same.
spent ages trying to get remote to link while sat in the lounge, that wasn't happening until I removed myself outside, then it linked straight away.. still no video feed

Last edited:
No matter what I try I cant get a video feed from the p3p..
everything else works fine,
latest firmware installed, remote re linked.. still the same.
So it sounds like the most common problem with P3Ps. No image transmission. in a search, you'll find several hundred posts about it on here on the forum over the last few years.

What I normally ask people to do is to upload their LOG_AB file so we can see what it shows for modules 8 and 15. A majority of the time, it shows 'device not detected' for those two modules. This is a classic symptom of no image transmission. Click here for info about the LOG_AB file.

What normally happens next is that the person gets distracted by other posts. Then we tell them again to read the linked post and upload the LOG_AB file. Eventually they upload the normal RESULT_AB file instead of the LOG_AB file. Then we tell them to read the linked post again and upload the actual LOG_AB file. Then they reply back that they don't see it because the folder is empty. Then we tell them to read the linked post again and be sure that hidden files are showing. Then they upload the LOG_AB file and we see that modules 8/15 show as 'not detected.' Usually a bad gimbal top (main) board often from overheating.

Since the issue is so common, there is also an outstanding troubleshooting chart where we send people so that they can start by checking the basics. You can find that chart here. That post and posts within that thread also link to steps you can take to fix the issue yourself. Several folks have followed the steps and successfully fixed their P3P, but several have also noted that the steps are too technical for their comfort. One of the steps is to check the LOG_AB file.

In your case, your previous hard crash and the use of non OEM cables in the repair could be playing a part.

spent ages trying to get remote to link while sat in the lounge, that wasn't happening until I removed myself outside, then it linked straight away.. still no video feed
My expectation would be that being indoors or outdoors would not make a difference with linking your AC to your RC. Are you sure that you have a link? What FW versions do you have on both? Asking to be sure that you don't have an encryption mismatch.

Last edited:
See if this does anything,,it was in some replys of logo stuck onscreen,I think its controller reset
Screenshot_20191221-112600_Chrome.jpg

So it sounds like the most common problem with P3Ps. No image transmission. in a search, you'll find several hundred posts about it on here on the forum over the last few years.

What I normally ask people to do is to upload their LOG_AB file so we can see what it shows for modules 8 and 15. A majority of the time, it shows 'device not detected' for those two modules. This is a classic symptom of no image transmission. Click here for info about the LOG_AB file.

What normally happens next is that the person posts the normal RESULT_AB file instead of the LOG_AB file. Then we tell them to read the linked post again and upload the actual LOG_AB file. Then they reply back that they don't see it because the folder is empty. Then we tell them to read the linked post again and be sure that hidden files are showing. Then they upload the LOG_AB file and we see that modules 8/15 show as 'not detected.'

Since the issue is so common, there is also an outstanding troubleshooting chart where we send people so that they can start by checking the basics. You can find that chart here. That post and posts within that thread also link to steps you can take to fix the issue yourself. Several folks have followed the steps and successfully fixed their P3P, but several have also noted that the steps are too technical for their comfort.

In your case, your previous hard crash and the use of non OEM cables in the repair could be playing a part.

My expectation would be that being indoors or outdoors would not make a difference with linking your AC to your RC. What FW versions do you have on both? Asking to be sure that you don't have an encryption mismatch.

YOU SIR ARE AN ABSOLUTE GENTLEMAN !!!
I will follow all that to the letter...
Is it possible I’ve knocked a connector loose in the shell? I’ve not taken that apart as there was no damage.
The hard crash as you put it was not that hard as it happens. It did a landing in an olive grove, the trees are only around 2m high, so I’m suspecting it came down at normal speed, didn’t see the treee and went down through that.
Hence why I have concentrated on the gimbal, I’ve tried my mates camera on it and still the same...

I will follow all the instructions above and get back to you.

many thanks for the long and detailed reply, it’s very much appreciated

Ok, well that was quick...
Red light on remote... not linked to ac ?

what next.. she’ll apart and look for loose connector ?

Ok, well that was quick...
Red light on remote... not linked to ac ?

what next.. she’ll apart and look for loose connector ?
Can you open app to relink ? If not manual link as below
Screenshot_20191221-133002_Gallery.jpg

Ok... update... now have green light on Rc but still no feed.. just the dji logo

Followed the fault finding chart as far as changing iso to auto, only to find that the camera button and camera menu button are greyed out.. can’t change them

Led on front of gimbal flashing green and red so suspect connection from gimbal to the other board ofdb? Which is that and where is it located

Last edited:
Led on front of gimbal flashing green and red so suspect connection from gimbal to the other board ofdb? Which is that and where is it located

Red and green on this light chart,,,mayby the firmware update failed,,?has me unsure
Screenshot_20191221-220506_Chrome.jpg

Thanks I’m out at the moment.. but when I get home I’ll check it against that..

After a lot of fiddling about last night I got it to link with rc ok using a Huawei phone, galaxy tab is having issues connecting.

However the main issue is still no video feed

Hope you had a fan blowing air on the gimbal as it was trying to update. Maybe overheated the gimbal board. As mentioned above, flashing red and green light on gimbal means it’s updating.

The pro has its own fan, surely a drone of this price doesn’t need a fan blowing on it just to update software ????!!!!!!

I wouldn’t have said it if it wasn’t important. The little fan on the gimbal is worthless. There are MANY POSTS on this forum that backs up what I wrote. I have worked on many 3 pro cameras specifically for the reason of overheating during updates. Do a search about no video feed on P3P cameras on this forum,,, then let me know what you find out!
Just trying to help ?

Reactions: dronesky and Oso
Having a sd card inserted has nothing to do with no image transmission. My recommendation is to do what Oso said to do, in post #2! That will take all the guesswork out of the problem.

Reactions: Oso
I wouldn’t have said it if it wasn’t important. The little fan on the gimbal is worthless. There are MANY POSTS on this forum that backs up what I wrote. I have worked on many 3 pro cameras specifically for the reason of overheating during updates. Do a search about no video feed on P3P cameras on this forum,,, then let me know what you find out!
Just trying to help ?

Hey I appreciate your help, I’m just a bit gobsmacked that that is an issue.. is there any recourse with dji if this is a known problem ? Surely theirs is a manufacturing issue that dji should cover.

It may well be the issue as I jus followed the instructions on dji website

Unless it’s still in the warranty period or you have dji refresh, I highly doubt that they will replace it. Now, for a price,,, I’m sure they would. Call them up and plead your case. Won’t know unless you try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20