Need some help!

Reaction score
I have just recorded what maybe my best video yet. What makes it worse my 5 year old was a huge part of said video....with that being said. I get home ...plug my micro into the reader like always and the file will not open!!! Its format is obviously MP4. I can see that its almost 4 GB...but I can't get it to open, duplicate or move to a different folder. I have no clue what to do and I really want this video. Drone- Phantom 3 SE. Computer- MacBook Air

Any help out there?

Reactions: Heron
Have you tried saving it to a different location under a different file name?

I can see that its almost 4 GB.
If I am not mistaken, 4gig is max file size for a single video. A new one will start after that. It is possible that the file was not closed correctly which has happened before. Do a search on that and maybe find the answer you need. There are ways to recover it, if that is the case.

Reactions: Oso
2edgesword - I have tried doing everything with it and I cannot get it to do anything without an error..

Flydawg - I landed the drone and stopped the recording from my device.... powered the drone down and drove home...really no different from any other time. But I am gonna search that language to see if I can get anything ...
Thanks guys!!!

The problem is in the file you are trying to open. First, is the file on the SD CARD or was it copied to the computer hd? What program are you using to try to open it? Have you run the Apple disc utility on the drive at issue? What codec was detected on the drone for use inside the mp4 container? I don’t know what choices the 3se offer. The newer 4s offer h.265 as well as h.264. H.265 files don’t always place nice with older computers.

Sometimes (assuming no other file has been written to the Mini SD card) you can put it back into the Drone and power the Controller, the Tablet and then the Drone. The Video file might be correctly "Closed Out" then. Wait a moment and un-power the Drone. Remove the card and try it in the computer again. (Note: if it was recorded in 4K the older video players cannot play it.) Good Luck, Bill

This has happened to me twice. It may be a problem with your SD card. PUT THE CARD IN THE DRONE. Turn on both the drone and controller. Hardwire the drone to your laptop/desktop (the cord came with the drone) and copy directly from the drone itself. This method worked for me on both occasions. Good luck ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj