Need Parts after First Flight

Reaction score
I finally flew my Phantom 1 for the first time the other day. This was after purchasing it early last fall. I made a mountain out of a mole hill and in frustration put it away for the winter. A member suggested I just take the props off and start it up in my living room. I did that and everything seemed to work. Throwing caution to the wind, I put the props on took it outside and got it into the air. I hovered for a second or two then one propeller flew off into outer space and the drone crashed on the driveway. Thanks goodness it was only about 10 feet in the air when it crashed. The drone is fine, but I lost one prop and two of the nuts which secure the props. I consider it was a successful flight because now I have the confidence to try and fly it again.

I have extra props, but no extra nuts. Do I need to find nuts specific to the Phantom 1, or will any nut with the right threads work? Also, if I need extra props, will any of the Phantom props work on my Phantom 1?

Thanks for everyone’s help.

I finally flew my Phantom 1 for the first time the other day. This was after purchasing it early last fall. I made a mountain out of a mole hill and in frustration put it away for the winter. A member suggested I just take the props off and start it up in my living room. I did that and everything seemed to work. Throwing caution to the wind, I put the props on took it outside and got it into the air. I hovered for a second or two then one propeller flew off into outer space and the drone crashed on the driveway. Thanks goodness it was only about 10 feet in the air when it crashed. The drone is fine, but I lost one prop and two of the nuts which secure the props. I consider it was a successful flight because now I have the confidence to try and fly it again.

I have extra props, but no extra nuts. Do I need to find nuts specific to the Phantom 1, or will any nut with the right threads work? Also, if I need extra props, will any of the Phantom props work on my Phantom 1?

Thanks for everyone’s help.
Hi!

I believe that the P1 uses the same 2212 motor which was fitted to many other earlier Phantom models and for nut-retained propellers (ie not self-tightening props) the propeller shafts should be M6 (see here:- I blew One of my Nuts) and according to what I have read, (see here: Looking for Phantom 1 non-self-tightening rotors ) they are all CW (clockwise) threaded. The proprietary M6 prop nuts are available on Ebay and Amazon and, if you ever need any, you can get replacement props from these sites as well. But CW-thread nuts are standard M6 thread and easy to find in any hardware store, often in lock-nut form, which might be even better. This is what self-locking M6 CW-thread nuts look like:- 6mm M6 A2 STAINLESS STEEL NYLOC LOCK NUTS TYPE T DIN 985 | eBay or with a flange is best FLANGED NYLOC NUTS, FLANGE NYLON INSERT LOCKING NUT ZINC PLATED M5 M6 M8 M10 M12 | eBay

From your report of what happened, I would guess that you didn't tighten them down enough - 2 props/nuts flying off so quickly suggests this.

Verify exactly what the thread situation is with your P1 before you order/buy the nuts.... ;) From my research, for props with a hole through the middle, they should all be CW-threaded. On Ebay most of the sellers of P1 nuts are in Asia/Hong Kong etc phantom 1 prop nuts | eBay - I'm not sure where you are (The States?) but you might also find the proprietary nuts more locally via a DJI-approved dealer.

As regards which other Phantom series props will fit, any self-tightening props would NOT as they have 2 X CW (clockwise) and 2 X CCW (counter clockwise) threading inside their composite hubs.

I don't have a P1 so the above is just my own research to try and help the poster. Is there any P1 owner who can please confirm/refute my information?

Last edited:
Hi!

I believe that the P1 uses the same 2212 motor which was fitted to many other earlier Phantom models and for nut-retained propellers (ie not self-tightening props) the propeller shafts should be M6 (see here:- I blew One of my Nuts) and according to what I have read, (see here: Looking for Phantom 1 non-self-tightening rotors ) they are all CW (clockwise) threaded. The proprietary M6 prop nuts are available on Ebay and Amazon and, if you ever need any, you can get replacement props from these sites as well. But CW-thread nuts are standard M6 thread and easy to find in any hardware store, often in lock-nut form, which might be even better. This is what self-locking M6 CW-thread nuts look like:- 6mm M6 A2 STAINLESS STEEL NYLOC LOCK NUTS TYPE T DIN 985 | eBay or with a flange is best FLANGED NYLOC NUTS, FLANGE NYLON INSERT LOCKING NUT ZINC PLATED M5 M6 M8 M10 M12 | eBay

From your report of what happened, I would guess that you didn't tighten them down enough - 2 props/nuts flying off so quickly suggests this.

Verify exactly what the thread situation is with your P1 before you order/buy the nuts.... ;) From my research, for props with a hole through the middle, they should all be CW-threaded. On Ebay most of the sellers of P1 nuts are in Asia/Hong Kong etc phantom 1 prop nuts | eBay - I'm not sure where you are (The States?) but you might also find the proprietary nuts more locally via a DJI-approved dealer.

As regards which other Phantom series props will fit, any self-tightening props would NOT as they have 2 X CW (clockwise) and 2 X CCW (counter clockwise) threading inside their composite hubs.

I don't have a P1 so the above is just my own research to try and help the poster. Is there any P1 owner who can please confirm/refute my information?
Thank you for the detailed information. I'm in the States. I ordered some new nuts from Amazon just yesterday. Good to know them are all CW. Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic