I blew One of my Nuts

Reaction score
Nice thread title? :lol:

Well, it's kinda true. I have stripped the first 2 turns of thread off a prop nut. Luckily I was able to rob a nut off another quad to fly the other day but I was thinking I'll hunt down a fastener outlet and get a hand full of lock nuts.

Anybody know what thread/size the motor shaft is?

Hmm, I have M6 nuts here but the thread contact is very poor, the nuts move on the threads waay too much I think.

I see other folk talking about M6-1, Does that mean 1mm thread depth? That's not a typical thread right?

marcus_canada said:
Hmm, I have M6 nuts here but the thread contact is very poor, the nuts move on the threads waay too much I think.

I see other folk talking about M6-1, Does that mean 1mm thread depth? That's not a typical thread right?

Home Depot Marcus. There seem to be two different types of M6. One has finer threads than the other. They cost about 9 cents each. I brought my Phantom in, and someone there helped me find the right one. You might even find one that is a cone shaped, but it makes no difference.

D

CameraGuy said:
Home Depot Marcus. There seem to be two different types of M6. One has finer threads than the other. They cost about 9 cents each. I brought my Phantom in, and someone there helped me find the right one. You might even find one that is a cone shaped, but it makes no difference.

D

Ok thanks ! I'll do that tomorrow.

CameraGuy said:
marcus_canada said:

D

Some of the cone shape you mentioned also called acorn nut may not be tall enough, if so you will also need the washers.
Pep Boys and similar auto part stores carry them too.

I don't get it, don't they sell these already for the Phantom. I'd hate to try and guess if it will fit and stay on. Just saying.

FangsCPO said:
I don't get it, don't they sell these already for the Phantom. I'd hate to try and guess if it will fit and stay on. Just saying.

Yes, but beside it is hard to find, the after market ones are a lot cheaper. ;)

When I lost a nut,the only way to get a matching replacement was to by a spare stock motor.

I use these, M6 from probolt:

http://www.probolt-usa.com/aluminium-dome-nuts-m6-din-1587-pack-x-10-red.html#.UYRITbRghyI

DOMENUT6-10R.jpg
nyn6-10bk.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik