Need help now! had to jump in water to save P3A last night now things arent working right.

Reaction score
last night as i was flying i was just taking off and no farther than 60ft when it turns around for home. in flight it keeped telling me to be in the right flight mode but i changed nothing nor would it change when i switched them. i jumped in and just barely saved it. it did get spashed and now when i turn on i can not connect with the camera signal and there is a red flashing light on the gimbal front. i leave today for a camping trip i would love some advise to try and fix this issue!!

Stop trying to turn in on until you have it completely dry. It may already be to late. Check the flat wire plugs in case you pilled on them when you grabbed it.

I had a water landing Thursday. It went completely under. I took the battery out let it drip dry and then set it in a garbage bag of rice over night. It came on successfully the next morning but the gimbal would not initialize and do the self test, nor would it connect to the handset. Dropped it off at our local drones plus store for an assessment.

Personally I'd give it at least 3 days in rice to dry....a small amount of retained moisture may be your issue.

I wouldn't go near the thing for a week. Let it dry completely before attempting to do anything else. And when you think it's dry, leave it some more

+1-- I would leave it in the rice about 3 days before taking it out-- it doesn't take by one drop to short circuit and fry a circuit.

Thanks for the advise everyone! I will be letting it sit in the sun tomorrow to help dry if it is wet. Is just confusing that everything works fine but I get no video feed. It makes me think I shook out a antenna or something on the lines of that.

In addition to Rice and Sunlight, low wattage incandescent bulbs make a gentle heat source for drying wet electronics. Hair dryer too but be gentle.

Mine was completely submerged in a pool for a few mins, I ended up taking it apart and covering it with rice in my pelican case for 5 days. Sealed for 5 days, I had to replace the GPS unit and 1 ECU and its back flying great again.

I suggest leaving it in rice for multiple days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.