Need help... Buy from dealer or private

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase a P4P+ with a number of accessories for the total price of $1900 CAD (around $1550 USD) from a local private seller. The drone is in new condition (from DJI) and was a replacement for one that he crashed earlier this year (he had DJI care). He is no longer interested in keeping it has decided to sell it as 'new' rather than used. There ius still 3 months remaining on the DJI care but its non transferable.

My question is... would someone pay $1000 more for the comfort of a 1 year warranty?
Do drones typically need maintenance or repair in their first year?
I know dealing with DJI may be a pain in the butt, so even if I had the warranty would I use it for something minor?

I am a first time buyer of a drone and could use help deciding the best way to go.

Last edited:
If it's genuinely brand new I'd probably opt to save the $1,000 and buy it. I've bought a couple of UAS like this as "warranty replacements" and had excellent results. You might be able to talk him down some more as well.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
In my opinion there is a bit of a crap shoot even when you buy new, so for that kind of cash I would definitely go with the deal you found. The DJI warranties are worth slightly more than the paper they are printed on and they will usually fight tooth and nail to not honor it. If the bird is as advertised I really don't see how you can go wrong. imho

Reactions: BigAl07
My guess is it's a refurb. Be careful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl