Need for speed

Reaction score
Hi!

I recently bought a new P4. Although the range is good, 10000 feet so far without windsurfers, I'm somewhat disappointed with the maximum speed. The bird seldom reaches more than 10 m/s // 36 km/h // 23 mph in windless condition. This is even when I put it in sports mode. Is there some other setting I can change to increase top-speed, or should I just accept that it is a drowsy drone?

Sounds as if you haven't enabled 'Multiple Flight Modes' in Main Controller Settings in the GO4 app. You need to do this before Sports Mode will work.

I recently bought a new P4. Although the range is good, 10000 feet so far without windsurfers, I'm somewhat disappointed with the maximum speed. The bird seldom reaches more than 10 m/s // 36 km/h // 23 mph in windless condition. This is even when I put it in sports mode. Is there some other setting I can change to increase top-speed, or should I just accept that it is a drowsy drone?
Rockydog's suggestion is a good one.
Also by disabling obstacle avoidance you will gain speed in GPS mode and should be able to get 15-16 metres/sec.

Reactions: Solvarm
Rockydog's suggestion is a good one.
Also by disabling obstacle avoidance you will gain speed in GPS mode and should be able to get 15-16 metres/sec.

Thank you Meta 4! I think that disabling the obstacle avoidance did the it trick. Now it is much faster! :) Somehow the obstacle avoidance seems to have limited the speed even in sport mode.

Thank you Meta 4! I think that disabling the obstacle avoidance did the it trick. Now it is much faster! :) Somehow the obstacle avoidance seems to have limited the speed even in sport mode.
Enabling multiple flight modes like Rockydog suggested should take you beyond 40mph (65km/h) in S mode. Be careful with the speed.

Hi!

HI Yeh mines off but I don't think I'm reaching anywhere the speed when first purchased..just last flight it was doing Strange things,,even flight data shows it going in and out of modes in flight,,,it's reVing hard,,but the handbrake on somewhere...

Perhaps in the world of RC, you should have skipped directly to true turbine powered fixed wing. At 440 MPH (current record holder) you'd have all the thrill you'd need.

Reactions: Solvarm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic