Need buying advice

Reaction score
First of all, I'm sorry for the big post. I'm a noob in the drone world and I really need some help.

I have a Phantom FC40 that I intend to use to shoot some movies with a GoPro or just to have fun flying it with FPV.

The problem is that I only have the drone. I'm missing batteries, new propellers, a charger, full FPV system and a decent gimbal for my GoPro Hero 3+.

I'm looking for gear with a good quality/price relation.

Also I would like to buy in Europe/UK.

Battery

I'm going for a couple of Turnigy 2700mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack (Turnigy 2700mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack (Suitable for Quanum Nova, Phantom, QR X350)).

According to the size announced it's perfect to fit the Phantom FC40 along with a 3D printed battery door that is available in Shapeways (BIG Battery Door Upgrade by maikelsdesign on Shapeways).

I really don't want to start modding the Phantom case because I don't have the tools to do it or someone to ask for help.

The only thing that I might wonder if it would be better is to use a dual battery setup. I chose the Turnigy 2700mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack because it fits the Phantom FC40 battery space. But if I use a tray for 1 or 2 extra batteries I wonder how far I could go in mAh to extend my flight time. Can someone recommend a good battery combo for a dual-battery setup?

Can I just use bigger and heavier batteries? What's the maximum in weight I should aim for a dual-battery setup in a Phantom?

Propellers

I've been told that I should look for DJI 9450 propellers for my Phantom. My question is, are all the DJI 9450 propellers compatible with the Phantom FC40 motors?

I've found these:

http://electronicarc.com/catalogo/propeller-9450-red-self-tightening-1cw-1ccw-e310-p-1995.html

http://electronicarc.com/catalogo/p...ghtening-1cw-1ccw-white-with-gold-p-2083.html

Charger

I'm looking at Turnigy Accucell-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger LiHV Capable based in some recomendations I found while searching. Is this one good or can I get better for just about the same price?

Turnigy Accucell-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger LiHV Capable

Transmitter

I'm going with the Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver.

Again, is this a good choice?

Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2) (v2 Firmware)

I saw in a forum someone saying that Phantom Return Home function wouldn't work and that I needed something like this:

Turnigy Micro Failsafe with Brake function

I couldn't find it in stock anymore so, if this is needed, I need someone to point me an alternative.

FPV system

Completely lost here. Need advice in what to buy for the whole setup. I'd like to use a monitor rather than goggles.

I honestly don't even know what parts make a full FPV system.

Gimbal

Here too I don't know the market. I'm looking to spend around 300€ maximum.

Thank you for reading.

Why introduce 100 unknown variables to your system? Get a phantom, practice, find out what your needs are that it won't handle, then design from that knowledge.
dji has a wild custom motor on their sight with separate carbon fiber blades bolted to hub on motor with built in or separate esc controls. Says it even likes salty air around sea water.

Reactions: Philltayl
Just save all the messing about and buy a new/refurbed P3 :)

This drone was offered. I really would like to use it before I start building my own drone.

Why introduce 100 unknown variables to your system? Get a phantom, practice, find out what your needs are that it won't handle, then design from that knowledge.
dji has a wild custom motor on their sight with separate carbon fiber blades bolted to hub on motor with built in or separate esc controls. Says it even likes salty air around sea water.

I've already tried another Phantom. I did not practice for hours but enough to control it in a open space. The one I tested was naked so a lot easier to control.
I'm not considering buying all of this at the same time.
The camera and gimbal will be the last thing to mount on the Phantom.
Right now and to start playing with this Phantom I'd really like to have some advice in what to buy regarding batteries, radio, charger, propellers and FPV system.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31