Need advise for video editing software

Reaction score
Hello all, new user here and first post! I have had my P3A for just about a week now and have a dozen or so small flights under my belt. I have been looking at some video editing software, but finding out my computer my be a big limiting factor. My question, are there any lighter software programs for basic video editing? I downloaded a trail version of Corel Videostudio x10, but it ran very slow. Thanks for any input!

Here are the specs on my computer:

Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU
Graphics: Radeon R5 Graphics 2.00GHz
RAM: 10GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

And same with this one too
About 15 mins to edit. But it has so many powerful elements

Photoshop elements here. I'd like to use daVinci but you need at least a really powerful graphics card with loads of ram.
Elements is pretty good though.
Neon - can you get richer, deeper colours? Is there a gamma adjustment you can make?

For simple straight forward Video Editing that allows 'Captions, Titles, Credits, music addition, narration, direct load to common Video host sites such as Vimeo / Youtube etc' ..... it has to be the FREE and easy Windows Movie Maker.

There are two versions ... the ultra simple "Movie Maker" and the "Windows Movie Maker 2.6" - BOTH FREE.

The simple one ....

and some of my vids ... check out 'solentlifeuk' for my complete inventory..

You can include movies and stills in the compilation as well ....

Then there's the 'frame based' 2.6 which gives even more functions but is not so easy to use - like ALL frame based editing suites - but it is about the easiest one to use ...

For simple and free ... the basic Movie Maker takes a lot to beat ... I've used NCH, Pixellator, all sorts and I end up back with Movie Maker ... its just too easy.

Nigel

Reactions: Dan C
Photoshop elements here. I'd like to use daVinci but you need at least a really powerful graphics card with loads of ram.
Elements is pretty good though.
Neon - can you get richer, deeper colours? Is there a gamma adjustment you can make?
There is mate. It works the same windows movie maker too as its an easy set up. Personally I don't use windows movie maker anymore. Its a really good and easy program me but on my laptop it keeps crashing if I have a lot going on and added to the video edit. I have a powerful laptop with 12GB ram and an i7 Intel but it still crashes. Wondershare/filmora works in the same way and just as easy but it doesn't crash and there is a lot more effects. I did download adobe premiere pro CC as its a lot more powerful but as soon as I opened it it just confused the hell out of me lol

Most of the higher spec Video Editors work on the split Time-Line / Audio / Frame setup .. which can be daunting to a first time user. Get to grips with it and the final results can be stunning. But that's the problem - most people want to load, chop ... add a title and credits .. maybe a bit of music and thats it ...

Here's a compilation that I did with Movie Maker 2.6 - this allows various slow motion and other effects that Live MM doesn't ... and based on that split concept

(Anyone interested ... the T45 hits over 150kph and the Parkjet was measured at 222kph ..... Adrenaline jobbies !!)

But here's a compilation I did with Live MM - which uses basic frame base only ...

Sorry about the 'jerking around and wind noise' - its a hatcam and follows my heads orientation.

I agree that I am not Stephen Spielberg ... but given the speed and ease to use ... ??

Nigel

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc and Dan C
I've been a fan of Cyberlink power editor for over 18 months, it's not free but it is good and easy to use. All my YouTube videos on my channel are produced with it.

Given the range and ability of Free Video Editing programs - I'm amazed that anyone actually pays for them !!

Take NCH Suite for example ............... free if Home Use ... it has so much in it - in fact rivals many of the paid expensive editors.

Nigel

I got a bit cheeky and used the wondershare trick to get it for free. Enter a key code but make sure WiFi is switched off on the computer. Then it will automatically register giving you full access lol. If WiFi is switched on then it will ask you to purchase. If thats the case then renter the key code again with WiFi off

I got a bit cheeky and used the wondershare trick to get it for free. Enter a key code but make sure WiFi is switched off on the computer. Then it will automatically register giving you full access lol. If WiFi is switched on then it will ask you to purchase. If thats the case then renter the key code again with WiFi off

Naughty .... Naughty .... next you'll be saying you download Torrents !! ;)

Nigel

Reactions: Neon Euc
There is mate. It works the same windows movie maker too as its an easy set up. Personally I don't use windows movie maker anymore. Its a really good and easy program me but on my laptop it keeps crashing if I have a lot going on and added to the video edit. I have a powerful laptop with 12GB ram and an i7 Intel but it still crashes. Wondershare/filmora works in the same way and just as easy but it doesn't crash and there is a lot more effects. I did download adobe premiere pro CC as its a lot more powerful but as soon as I opened it it just confused the hell out of me lol
Cheers, I'll give it a go. (when my torrents have finished downloading)

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj