4K editing software

Reaction score
Anyone using Vegas Pro 15 ($400) for their projects? For a number of years, I produced wedding and event videos using Sony Vegas and DVD Architect for authoring DVDs.

It was about 10yrs ago when I sold my equipment just before everything went HD. I’ve been out of the game since then and have been watching the drone industry for a couple years and finally purchased a p4prov2.

I needed to upgrade to a new computer as well and have CPU Solutions Video Editing System with Intel i7 8700K 3.7~4.3Ghz SIX Core, 32 GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD & 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro, NVIDIA Quadro P2000 w/5GB.

I’m considering trying Vegas Pro 15 because I’m familiar with the layout, and Excalibur’s add-on made working with several tracks video and audio intuitive and efficient.

I would appreciate anyone with Vegas experience to give me some feedback, positive or negative, or if there are other preferred software choices with similar workflows and capabilities at similar costs.

Anyone using Vegas Pro 15 ($400) for their projects? For a number of years, I produced wedding and event videos using Sony Vegas and DVD Architect for authoring DVDs.

It was about 10yrs ago when I sold my equipment just before everything went HD. I’ve been out of the game since then and have been watching the drone industry for a couple years and finally purchased a p4prov2.

I needed to upgrade to a new computer as well and have CPU Solutions Video Editing System with Intel i7 8700K 3.7~4.3Ghz SIX Core, 32 GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD & 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro, NVIDIA Quadro P2000 w/5GB.

I’m considering trying Vegas Pro 15 because I’m familiar with the layout, and Excalibur’s add-on made working with several tracks video and audio intuitive and efficient.

I would appreciate anyone with Vegas experience to give me some feedback, positive or negative, or if there are other preferred software choices with similar workflows and capabilities at similar costs.
I'm a software junkie so after hearing so much about Vegas Pro I finally caved and purchased 14 for very little money.

As far as hardware, I wish I had the firepower you have. Nevertheless, Vegas Pro 14 runs just fine for me even when editing, albeit small clips, 4K. It also runs the VisionColor plugin for all of my LUTs.

I get constant pop-ups trying to get me to upgrade to 15 but I really don't need it.

I'm a software junkie so after hearing so much about Vegas Pro I finally caved and purchased 14 for very little money.

As far as hardware, I wish I had the firepower you have. Nevertheless, Vegas Pro 14 runs just fine for me even when editing, albeit small clips, 4K. It also runs the VisionColor plugin for all of my LUTs.

I get constant pop-ups trying to get me to upgrade to 15 but I really don't need it.
Hey, thanks for the quick response. Glad to know there is still at least one Vegas user who is happy with the program.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl