Need a new tablet

Reaction score
Further to an interference problem between my P3A and Galaxy S2 Tablet previously covered in an earlier thread of mine I have now completely given up trying to fix the problem as after reinstalling all hardware and software on the P3, RC and tablet the problem persists.
I now realise that the problem lies with the Tablet itself and no amounts of uninstalling and reinstalling DJI and litchi software will clear the issue.
If I use my Samsung S8 phone its perfect albeit a bit of a squint on the smaller screen.
I use the tablet primarily for business so can do without a hard reset in an attempt to make it behave.
I conclude I need a separate tablet for sole use with the P3 but must also be compatible should I upgrade to a P4 in the near future.
I have seen many people using NVIDIA tablets although a lot of these are quite expensive even on the second hand market. Also they are touted for gaming use which is a function I will not need so I need to know what would be the best second-hand model for use with the P3/P4 which I could pick up at a reasonable price on eBay.
Your suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I use the Nvidia shield K1 on my P3P's. Once I knew they work so well I bought another. Nvidia stupidly discontinued the production of these fine tablets for reasons unknown. They are getting into the autonomous car processor field so mabey they need all their cores for that... I don't use them for gaming unless you call flying gaming. Their CPU clocking and 2 GB RAM is what makes them tick. Mine never crash and provide full focus on Litchi and even ....DJI go.. (CPU/RAM hog). I even can screen record while trusting it to keep live feed going. As far as I'm concerned if you can buy one for $350, it'd be worth it. If I knew they would be discontinued, id'a bought 20 of them and retire.

I have seen many people using NVIDIA tablets although a lot of these are quite expensive even on the second hand market. Also they are touted for gaming use which is a function I will not need so I need to know what would be the best second-hand model for use with the P3/P4 which I could pick up at a reasonable price on eBay.
The K1 Shield used to be a great flying tablet but DJI Go has put on weight and now needs something with a faster processer & graphics chip and more RAM to run properly.
I've replaced mine with a Huawei M3 and it's superb.

The K1 Shield used to be a great flying tablet but DJI Go has put on weight and now needs something with a faster processer & graphics chip and more RAM to run properly.
I've replaced mine with a Huawei M3 and it's superb.
That has GREAT specs!!... I'll hafta try one. I'll never love DJI go, but I DO love hot spec hardware.

Specs:

Huawei MediaPad M3
  • Display8.40-inch.
  • Processor1.8GHz octa-core.
  • Resolution2560x1600 pixels.
  • RAM4GB.
  • Storage32GB.
  • Battery Capacity5100mAh.

Reactions: chessman
So the Huawei M3 is looking favorite :)
I should have mentioned I'm located in the UK. All a can find is an M3 Lite... Is this the same or does it have less specs?

From what I have read the M3 Lite is not as good as the M3 for the purpose .
Even better is the M5 (they skipped the 4 because its an unlucky number in China ) .It is more expensive than the equivalent iPad at the moment though.

Reactions: Droner66
Based on your previous experience with the K1, how would you compare the brightness of the screen out doors to the Huawei M3?
The K1 Shield has a screen brightness of 383 nits and the M3 is slightly brighter at 400 nits.
That's not a huge difference and using either in bright sunlight is easier with the shade of a tree or building.

Reactions: LarBear360

They've gone up quite a bit in the last couple months at amazon, i bought that same one in early March for $262... and at that time Newegg had them for 279.

The K1 Shield has a screen brightness of 383 nits and the M3 is slightly brighter at 400 nits.

I had a K1 before, and this M3 'seems' to be easier to see in direct sun... all in all, i like it.

Further to an interference problem between my P3A and Galaxy S2 Tablet previously covered in an earlier thread of mine I have now completely given up trying to fix the problem as after reinstalling all hardware and software on the P3, RC and tablet the problem persists.
I now realise that the problem lies with the Tablet itself and no amounts of uninstalling and reinstalling DJI and litchi software will clear the issue.
If I use my Samsung S8 phone its perfect albeit a bit of a squint on the smaller screen.
I use the tablet primarily for business so can do without a hard reset in an attempt to make it behave.
I conclude I need a separate tablet for sole use with the P3 but must also be compatible should I upgrade to a P4 in the near future.
Your suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I, too, figured it best to dedicate a device to the quad. I use p3p's and have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE for each -- I have an "unusual" set of settings for one of them. Never had any trouble and I like the10 inch screen (wish someone would invent a decent anti glare cover!!)

I, too, figured it best to dedicate a device to the quad. I use p3p's and have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE for each -- I have an "unusual" set of settings for one of them. Never had any trouble and I like the10 inch screen (wish someone would invent a decent anti glare cover!!)
I like my Galaxy Tab as well but I hear some folks have problems with the P4

I had been using my Galaxy S5 for flying the P4 but, as someone pointed out, trying to see everything clearly on a phone screen with or without squinting can be a real challenge. I took the recommendations of @Meta4 and several others here and bought the M3 Mediapad (not the Lite version). Fast response, plenty of power and memory for the Go4 app, and a nice big (but still convenient size) bright screen that holds up well in sunlight, even without a shade. The battery life is truly amazing. What little bloatware is included is easily removed or moved. Tablet navigation isn't quite as direct or intuitive as a Samsung, and I had second thoughts about sending it back and getting a current Galaxy Tab, but I'm glad I kept it. I bought if from Newegg for $250 US. Highly recommended.

Tablet navigation isn't quite as direct or intuitive as a Samsung,

Try Apex launcher in the Play Store. I've been using it since my first smarty phone and really like it. Very intuitive and very customizable. Once you get it tuned the way you like it, you'll love it.

I've almost always had Samsung phones and never liked their skins, nor did I like huawei emui

I've got a Nvidia shield dedicated to my p3p. The screen brightness is frankly disappointing. I picked up a "2017" ipad for my bebop and disco and it's working well. Price was reasonable - around $274.

I use a Tab s 8.4 .The screen is really nice but I always seem to have one problem or another running GO or Litchi I have tried just about everything to resolve the problems that is why I have been looking at the M3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers