Need a little help fixing "ESC status error". (ID SMD components)

OK. I got this crashed drone that has the dreaded ESC status error. After updating to 1.11.30 it persisted, so I took it apart, and meassured the MOSFETS. They seemed fine, so I found out what motor was missing the startup sound -> Motor 4.

I meassured all the MOSFET connections, and figured out the gate signal to the low MOSFET for motorwire A was missing.

So I flipped the mainboard, and found the fault. Some SMD components was ripped off the board and was nowhere to be found. I figured out the 2 resistors, but need help to ID the other 2 components.

Looks like either capacitors or diodes, but I need to know.

So... Does anyone know what components Im missing?

Dear, thank you very much for your contributions. Someday it reaches your level of knowledge, for now learning to repair by myself.

I need your help, and if you can send a better image of how to do it better.

I have a P3P with V1 mainboard and 2312 engine, I hit a high voltage cable and it fell from about 20 meters high, the result you can imagine ...

At the time of the flight, a call came in and I lost an image on my cell phone ... incredible!

After completely repairing the gimbal (arm and fan) I have video again and responds to the orders of the RC. (The gimbal's aluminum gets hot after a few minutes, but lives).

What I can not solve is the error ESC, and I need to indicate how to identify if the problem is motor or the ESC to know what to buy.

Can I use a digital multimeter / tester? How do I do it?
or should it be done in another way?
should we analyze the .DAT file?

I leave the .Dat file and the moment of the accident to share the sadness :(

Last edited:
Dear, thank you very much for your contributions. Someday it reaches your level of knowledge, for now learning to repair by myself.

I need your help, and if you can send a better image of how to do it better.

I have a P3P with V1 mainboard and 2312 engine, I hit a high voltage cable and it fell from about 20 meters high, the result you can imagine ...

At the time of the flight, a call came in and I lost an image on my cell phone ... incredible!

After completely repairing the gimbal (arm and fan) I have video again and responds to the orders of the RC. (The gimbal's aluminum gets hot after a few minutes, but lives).

What I can not solve is the error ESC, and I need to indicate how to identify if the problem is motor or the ESC to know what to buy.

Can I use a digital multimeter / tester? How do I do it?
or should it be done in another way?
should we analyze the .DAT file?

I leave the .Dat file and the moment of the accident to share the sadness :(

Logs - Google Drive

I looked at several of the Motor data values. All of the leftFront and leftBack values are invalid or missing. I think this probably means that the left ESC is fried and needs to be replaced. Here is the Motor:Volts
upload_2018-2-17_7-32-31.png

Note that rightFront and rightBack show around 15.5 volts but the leftFront and leftBack show 0.0.

Reactions: Former Member
I looked at several of the Motor data values. All of the leftFront and leftBack values are invalid or missing. I think this probably means that the left ESC is fried and needs to be replaced. Here is the Motor:Volts
View attachment 95177
Note that rightFront and rightBack show around 15.5 volts but the leftFront and leftBack show 0.0.

Thanks for the prompt response.

To make it clearer the problem is in the ESC of the M2 and M3 engines?

20180208_102148_2_2.jpg

Right now I'm looking for a new "mainboard V1" compatible with these engines.

Just to know, is there a way to change the ESC and not have to change the mainboard, or is that a job for experts?

If you have any recommendation on mainboard, let me know.

Thank you very much

Thanks for the prompt response.

To make it clearer the problem is in the ESC of the M2 and M3 engines?

View attachment 95188

Right now I'm looking for a new "mainboard V1" compatible with these engines.

Just to know, is there a way to change the ESC and not have to change the mainboard, or is that a job for experts?

If you have any recommendation on mainboard, let me know.

Thank you very much
Yes, m2 and m3 are the affected motors. I thought there is a separate esc for the left and right motors. But maybe not. @Thunderdrones is an excellent fix-it guy and will know what to do here.

Reactions: Former Member
Dear, thank you very much for your help, I have learned a lot with your contributions.

I tell you that on ebay.com I bought a mainboard equal to the current one (center board ORIGINAL MC for 2312 engine). I sent a photo of my broken mainboard to the seller, this way he confirmed that the product is the same.

We'll see how I'm soldering 22 cables :)

Later, I will evaluate an upgrade of mainboar V2 and 2312A engines, all together. I do not know if you win something with this.

With the wonderful tool @BudWalker, I could see that the left side is in ruins .....
Captura.JPG

I do not have clear the values -1 and 19 in "Motor:state" of the broken side ???

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94