Near fly away and nearly a heart attack!

IMO , first you should not wait to be out of battery to land. Waiting until 1 light , and the tail flashing red is asking for trouble. Then triggering an RTH force the P2 to go up to 20meters, fly back to you and land. It may not have enough power anymore to do that, receives 2 contradictory informations, one for landing on low batt, the other to climb, go to home point and land, or the inverse, depending on which one came first. Mine as well get kind of mind of its own when too short battery. Stay safe and land when it just starts to flash red on throttle, at 2 battery lights flashing...

No flyaways for me just bought me a new tracker. Bloodhound.jpg
Now to figure out how to mount it.

Another flight and same problems.
This time landed 12 mins 2 lights on. Unable to power off and few off again.
Went to atti mode and regained control.
I understand not to fly to very low battery but with gimbal on it reduces battery life and if its in wind again it reduces battery obviously. It could easily reach the low battery before you expect it and the return home will activate .
Fine , but mine won't do this it flys off in the wrong direction at speed?

There is no "idle". When you landed and the motors were still spinning the Phantom doesn't think it has actually landed. If you unintentionally moved the throttle, even by just bumping the controller, the Phantom will likely start up again. If you aren't doing a touch-n-go, CSC the motors off as soon as the Phantom touches the ground.

In your case this probably didn't happen. When it was idling your Phantom probably hit battery RTH and the Phantom did as programmed - fly up to the RTH altitude then fly home then land. If your battery is too low to finish that, you will crash.

+1... Read the manual again and practice the RTH system (right switch down) in a large open field.... default is 20 meters RTH height, if you are below that and hit RTH it will stop and hover, then climb gently to 20m and fly home turning the front towards you as it goes. It will land all by itself, but be aware of any objects at the landing spot to avoid a tip over.
Best option is to flip the right switch back to GPS and land it yourself or learn to hand catch.

When it's on the ground hold down the left stick, fully down, until it powers off the rotors, same goes for hand catching.. hold it still and hold down the left stick.. try and avoid the CSC stick combo (when you start it) to shut down as it generally revs up the props for a moment first and can tip over if it's on grass etc.

And NEVER do the CSC in flight - it will power off and crash badly!

Enjoy.. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4