ND Filters but EV still Off

Reaction score
So I have been reading on here and other places about getting that "buttery smooth video" when we double the shutter speed from the frame rate. I got some ND filter in amazon and though ok now its time for my videos to shine!

I turned on the P3S and set the ISO to 100 and 1080P/30fps so I set the shutter to 60. I saw that the EV said +2.0. So I said perfect I'll just use the ND4 and I'm golden. However, the EV stayed at +2.0

dILPk4g.jpg

I started to play with the shutter and noticed if I put up the shutter I could get a better exposure.

cL8mDl3.jpg

I was able to get the EV down to +0.3 which I was reading was where you want to be but at this point why would I want it at 800. The goal was 60. I thought maybe I would try the ND8 but that didn't work either. the EV went to +2.0 and I had to pump it up to 320 to have good exposure.

SVHQNPh.jpg

Anything lower than 320 it would just be over exposed in the +1.0 to +2.0 range. Now my questions, do I need higher ND filters? Maybe an ND16? Why didn't this work? I was reading most people use ND4 or 8. It was a sunny day and when I first went to manual settings it said EV was +2.0. Doesn't that just mean I needed 2 steps down aka ND4?

Thanks

Rob

Ahh. well back to the drawing board I guess. Thanks Paul. Going to get some ND16 and ND32 filters and see if I can go 1/60 shutter speed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31