Naza-M mode vs RTF

canadavenyc said:
neoneo said:
let me ask your opinion on this: when you hold the left stick all the way down for a few seconds it cuts the motors. will the same thing happen if you in the air descending and you hold it down all the way for a few seconds in a row?
I would like to know the answer to this as well!

I think this has been discussed in other threads of this forum. From what i've read, it seems there is a protection so you won't be cutting off the motors while holding it down to descend. Someone said he held the left stick down for 3 minutes to get his phantom down, after installing the updated firmware, without moving the right stick at all, and motors didn't shut off.

I'm still unsure if doing the CSC gesture while in air would shut them off though. I think it should have been fixed but I didn't get a clear picture of that.
So you can descend steadily, watch out for prop wash effect as well as discussed elsewhere, especially if you have prop guards. I bought some but am reluctant to use them after reading so many negative side effects upon their use.

CSC works in the air. Don't do it - unless you need to come down like a brick in an emergency.

There has been logic built in to the Phantom not to allow shut down with full left stick down if the aircraft senses it's still descending. Hence why you have to hold it for a couple of seconds after landing before anything happens.

Pull_Up said:
CSC works in the air. Don't do it - unless you need to come down like a brick in an emergency.

There has been logic built in to the Phantom not to allow shut down with full left stick down if the aircraft senses it's still descending. Hence why you have to hold it for a couple of seconds after landing before anything happens.

Oh boy... Thanks for precising this again. I'm stresing up everytime i'm descending, cos i don't want to somehow get the sticks to cross in CSC position, though I assume you need to hold them as well for a few seconds, which is not lilely to happen, but still...

Thanks !

CSC happens pretty immediately, but if you are ever in a position where you have zero throttle, full right yaw, are heading backwards at full speed whilst sliding left as fast as you can go then you might be glad of the motors shutting off! It's theoretically possible but not likely unless trying some form of extreme aerobatics..

Pull_Up said:
Thanks for clarifying that. It's a pity that DJI didn't build in some logic with an accelerometer whereby the engines shut off upon contact (i.e. if g-forces exceed X, then turn off the motors, or at least power them down to a minimum).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl