Navigation System Error, Check Redundancy State P4P V1

Reaction score
I just received a new to me Phantom 4 pro... YEAH!

But after I checked everything out, did an IMU and compass calibration, It will not arm the motors, nor will it see any satellites.
I keep getting "Navigation System Error, Check Redundancy State "
The IMU, and compass info screen are showing to be in perfect calibration.
The bird looks pristine, and I can not see any indication of any type of a crash having happened to it in the past.
Upon searching everywhere online, the only fix I am seeing is to send it back to DJI.
Has anyone dealt with this before that can give me a starting point for where to look for a solution to this?

"Navigation System Error, Check Redundancy State "
Not 100% certain, but I would take that message to be in regard to the dual IMU's. One may not be reporting correctly, or not working at all. Only a guess, but you may have no option other than return it. Maybe someone can clarify that error for you.

Has anyone dealt with this before that can give me a starting point for where to look for a solution to this?
A starting point could be to take a look at your .dat file to possibly see if there is something there that might indicate where the issue lies. You could see what the IMU's are reporting or possibly an error message in the event log. We can give you instructions if you wish to pursue that.

I just received a new to me Phantom 4 pro... YEAH!

But after I checked everything out, did an IMU and compass calibration, It will not arm the motors, nor will it see any satellites.
I keep getting "Navigation System Error, Check Redundancy State "
The IMU, and compass info screen are showing to be in perfect calibration.
The bird looks pristine, and I can not see any indication of any type of a crash having happened to it in the past.
Upon searching everywhere online, the only fix I am seeing is to send it back to DJI.
The logs may give you some more details but from your description of the issue, I tend to think that you may have a failed GPS module. I don't think it is an issue with the IMU since you checked and are getting good status there. The P4P has dual compasses and gyros on the IMU so even if one compass or one gyro failed, the P4P would still allow you to take off (I know this from experience with just such a failure).

Depending on what you see in the log files, you may want to just replace the GPS module. Otherwise send it in to DJI so they can run diagnostics and pinpoint the issue. A GPS repair is not expensive.

Lastnight I looked at the data on the bird, and saw that the flight it took just prior to shipping to me was uneventful. Everything was working as it should. So I deducted that something must have happened in shipping.
I took the bird down to the point of being able to check all connections.
I didn't think that I had found any, but when I put it all back together, and turned it on, SHAZAM! Everything was working as it should.
Motors armed perfectly!
I have not been able to fly it yet, but it is looking promising for when the weather clears.
Thank you for your help.
I am looking forward to flying this camera.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lastnight I looked at the data on the bird, and saw that the flight it took just prior to shipping to me was uneventful. Everything was working as it should. So I deducted that something must have happened in shipping.
I took the bird down to the point of being able to check all connections.
I didn't think that I had found any, but when I put it all back together, and turned it on, SHAZAM! Everything was working as it should.
Motors armed perfectly!
I have not been able to fly it yet, but it is looking promising for when the weather clears.
Thank you for your help.
I am looking forward to flying this camera.
Gotta love a happy ending. Prayers answered ?

Sounds like a dirty cable connector problem. Unplugging and plugging each cable will mechanically wipe the mating surfaces of the connector, and scrape off any dirt or corrosion that might be there. Electronic dyi stores sell spray cans of contact cleaner for this very purpose.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik