Navigation System Error - Can't lift off - P4P V2.0

Reaction score
Hi,

First time forum user and still relatively new to Drones having flown only 6 hours; all trouble free.

Never crashed or had a harsh landing, fly mostly in the countryside or parks on clear calm days, also flown in urban environment a couple of times no issues.

Most recent successful flight was in country park, so was very confused when on my next attempt on a different day, I switched on my drone to get this message ' Navigation System Error ' and Check Redundancy State '

Presumed update required, so updated drone/RC & app, but no change. Went to a different location other side of town, same problem. Now I'm stuck with an expensive paperweight as I can't lift off, no idea what's happening, so emailed DJI as it's the weekend.

Any advice or suggestions from forum would be appreciated.

Hi,

First time forum user and still relatively new to Drones having flown only 6 hours; all trouble free.

Never crashed or had a harsh landing, fly mostly in the countryside or parks on clear calm days, also flown in urban environment a couple of times no issues.

Most recent successful flight was in country park, so was very confused when on my next attempt on a different day, I switched on my drone to get this message ' Navigation System Error ' and Check Redundancy State '

Presumed update required, so updated drone/RC & app, but no change. Went to a different location other side of town, same problem. Now I'm stuck with an expensive paperweight as I can't lift off, no idea what's happening, so emailed DJI as it's the weekend.

Any advice or suggestions from forum would be appreciated.
What colour your rc lights,all green,,? Got cam control and can conect to app ok,even if have I would start by clearing the zip file that comes when you downloaded djigo4 and delete dji app again and reinstall it,a new zip file will come back and open when djigo4 is launched, it could make it come right,any beeps going on , tryed relinking ,unsure what going on with navigation issue ,mayby try imu calibration,might wake the compass up

Thanks for the advice ianzone,

Yes, RC led is green, but Drone led's are all red. I can access/control both the App and Cam.
I've deleted all the data/cache files related to the DJI Go4 app, then uninstalled it and done a fresh install of the app.

I've then successfully re-calibrated the IMU and Compass, as well as reconnecting the RC, but still no Joy.

I'm totally baffled!?

Just a shot in the dark. Try a factory reset.

I believe with Assistant 2 for phantom that is an option.

And or firmware refresh.

Paul C

Thanks for the suggestion Paul2660,
DJI got back and asked me to send them my drone so I did, they haven't told me what the issue was yet, but have already agreed to repair it free of charge.
???

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy
Thanks for the suggestion Paul2660,
DJI got back and asked me to send them my drone so I did, they haven't told me what the issue was yet, but have already agreed to repair it free of charge.
???
Please follow up with this thread when you find out what went wrong. There is so much less info out there regarding the v2.0 compared to the p4p regular. Thank you.

So, DJI have confirmed the fault was with the GPS Module.
I'm confused however, that they chose to send me a replacement (refurbished) drone rather than just replace the 'faulty' GPS Module in mine. Is this normal?
Anyhow, I'm happy to finally have a working drone back in my hands. Just waiting for the weather to improve so I can get back in the air.

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy
So, DJI have confirmed the fault was with the GPS Module.
I'm confused however, that they chose to send me a replacement (refurbished) drone rather than just replace the 'faulty' GPS Module in mine. Is this normal?
Anyhow, I'm happy to finally have a working drone back in my hands. Just waiting for the weather to improve so I can get back in the air.
Thanks for following up. Interestingly, I have read several drone pilots on this thread who send in for repair and get back a totally new serial number new (refurbished) drone. I have personal experience with this, sent in a drone with what I thought was a minor gimbal issue and received a completely new, refurbished, drone. Is there anyone out there who has sent in their drone for repair and actually gotten their drone back in return? Please let us know. My theory is that they have refurbished drones on the Shelf ready to ship out quickly so they don't have to hustle and work with the ebb and flow of drones coming in. They just have a steady stream of drones to repair and a steady stream of refurbished ones to send out. I could be wrong but it makes sense.

That theory would make a lot of sense, it would also keep us happier with a quicker turnaround than the potential alternative, particularly if they have a busy period where they receive a lot of drones at the same time.

I also own a P4P v2.0. It came out with ESC and GPS module broken out of the box. Instead of returning it, I sent it to DJI for repairs. They sent me a refurbished one with scratches in the gimbal. This upsetted me, since mine was pristine. Other than that, my new (refurb) drone is working flawlessly. My only concern that every other flight, it asks me for Compass recalibration before take off. My P4P does not do this. Don't know if it's a safety feature of the 2.0 to prevent flyaways. Ohh well.

Thanks for following up. Interestingly, I have read several drone pilots on this thread who send in for repair and get back a totally new serial number new (refurbished) drone. I have personal experience with this, sent in a drone with what I thought was a minor gimbal issue and received a completely new, refurbished, drone. Is there anyone out there who has sent in their drone for repair and actually gotten their drone back in return? Please let us know. My theory is that they have refurbished drones on the Shelf ready to ship out quickly so they don't have to hustle and work with the ebb and flow of drones coming in. They just have a steady stream of drones to repair and a steady stream of refurbished ones to send out. I could be wrong but it makes sense.
Even when it's a minor repair I imagine there is a bit of a testing process with a queue of modules which makes it easier to send one off the shelf even if it is a quick repair.

I also own a P4P v2.0. It came out with ESC and GPS module broken out of the box. Instead of returning it, I sent it to DJI for repairs. They sent me a refurbished one with scratches in the gimbal. This upsetted me, since mine was pristine. Other than that, my new (refurb) drone is working flawlessly. My only concern that every other flight, it asks me for Compass recalibration before take off. My P4P does not do this. Don't know if it's a safety feature of the 2.0 to prevent flyaways. Ohh well.
my Phantom 4 Pro will ask me to recalibrate the compass at different times and I believe it is dependent upon location. Sometimes there is steel rebar in the parking lot or sidewalk I am taking off from. In my experience it behave the same with my Pro and my version 2. I started taking off out of my hand to not have to bother with recalibrating the compass spinning around like an idiot every time I want to fly!

Reactions: Ansia
my Phantom 4 Pro will ask me to recalibrate the compass at different times and I believe it is dependent upon location. Sometimes there is steel rebar in the parking lot or sidewalk I am taking off from. In my experience it behave the same with my Pro and my version 2. I started taking off out of my hand to not have to bother with recalibrating the compass spinning around like an idiot every time I want to fly!

My P4P never asks me to recalibrate, unless there is a magnetic field nearby (such as power generator), which I just walk around until the calibration message goes away. My P4P has tried to do fly aways twice now due to compass errors. Luckily I was able to regain control in time.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm that bad of an owner, that my drone has tried to run away twice...

This is a very old thread but did anyone ever find a fix other than sending the unit back to DJI? Mine has suddenly decided that it doesn't want to play and I'm getting the same error messages, i.e Navigation System Error ' and Check Redundancy State '. It won't acquire satellites and all LED's are red. I've tried a factory reset via the controller but that has made no difference. I doubt DJI would even look at it given it's age so any suggestions would be most welcome !! Thanks.......

I doubt DJI would even look at it given it's age
I’ve not seen that age would make any difference. You should at least contact them and get an answer. Splitting the P4 series shell is not a fun process but is the only way to access the gps module.

I'll certainly give it a try as a last resort, thanks. Are you familiar with that particular model?

Very few differences between a V2 and a V1 as far as the shell is concerned.
If you send it to DJI, you could get back a new aircraft.
May be worth contacting them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31