NAVCOM Satellite Predictor?

Reaction score
I had been using the NAVCOM Satellite Predictor site to see how many GPS satellites would be available at any given point in time, but lately I get the message "Almanac File Outdated" and I don't see anyway to refresh it. Is anyone else running into this problem? Lately, sometimes it loads for me, but all too often it does not. Thanks.

http://satpredictor2.deere.com/homePost

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Or try GPS Status app on Android to see what sats are actually visible at your location and whetre they are in your sky

Reaction score
Thanks for the alternate site. I do have a number of sat apps on my Andriod, but I need to plan ahead for projects and have to be able to query a location other than my current one -- sometimes in a different state at a particular date and time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had been using the NAVCOM Satellite Predictor site to see how many GPS satellites would be available at any given point in time, but lately I get the message "Almanac File Outdated" and I don't see anyway to refresh it. Is anyone else running into this problem? Lately, sometimes it loads for me, but all too often it does not. Thanks.

http://satpredictor2.deere.com/homePost

I have 1 pc that does that. Another doesn't but it iis usually on 24/7 and many tabs open including that one. I use it to see when it is bad time <6, otherwise I go

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Thanks for the alternate site. I do have a number of sat apps on my Andriod, but I need to plan ahead for projects and have to be able to query a location other than my current one -- sometimes in a different state at a particular date and time.
And have you ever found anywhere/anytime that there weren't sufficient satellites?
I haven't.

Reaction score
Yes, I have. My projects sometimes require me to fly at relatively low altitude and have dropped below 6 at times. Might be better now that I've modded to the larger GPS puck.

Reaction score
And have you ever found anywhere/anytime that there weren't sufficient satellites?
I haven't.

Yes absolutely,

Only once since I did 4mm and foil though months ago

The orginal 2mm was so bad I could sit 10 minutes or more and never get >5. yet if I move it 10 feet it might!

but I fly in parks along creeks and rivers , under trees along trails, etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hovrtek