name change on the drone

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone out there know how to change the name on the drone not the ssid but the name of the drone you can see the name if you look up the flight records on the dji go app and it'll show a picture of the drone with the name below it I done it once but I can't remember how I did it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI must be able to do it somehow on their end. I've seen a few people post about asking them and they always refuse to do it for some reason.

Crap, I never tried, because I have only one P3S, but sending it to DJI twice, anyways I have got 4 names under flight log now.

I tried on chat and was told they couldn't but to call DJI ( China ? ) and they could . Never did but was what I was told .

the fellow that bought mine is stuck with panties standard. but no, my current AC isn't named panties professional. :)

the fellow that bought mine is stuck with panties standard. but no, my current AC isn't named panties professional. :)
I don't know if that's funny or sick but....

PP => Professional Panties?

Never mind, Somebody must be.....
;)

I will look but I have four different names in my flight logs.

Last edited:
See here
c30f07f8060dbed31c8d7feb88479a15.jpg

Reactions: PhantomPlanet
The newest version of the app will let you change the name as Justin pointed out. Then, after you fly, all the records will reflect the new name.

Cool, when I get the nerve, I give it a spin.

I couldn't find the "Device Name" option on my current version of DJI GO (Android 2.8.3) so I messaged Tech Support at DJI,
They said the name is permanent.
Here is a copy of the email they sent back:

Jenny_J (DJI)
8月12日 HKT08:18

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
Please be advised that once you assigned a name to your unit, upon activation, you cannot re-name it. That will be its official name

Thank you for your understanding.
Best Regards,

Jenny

DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)

Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after

I wonder if anyone out there know how to change the name on the drone not the ssid but the name of the drone you can see the name if you look up the flight records on the dji go app and it'll show a picture of the drone with the name below it I done it once but I can't remember how I did it

You can change the name of your drone (at least on the P-4) and it's very easy. Connect DJI Go with the controller and drone. All the way right on the top is three dots that activate the General Settings. At the bottom above the "About" is Device Name; enter the new name and save.

You can change the name of your drone (at least on the P-4) and it's very easy. Connect DJI Go with the controller and drone. All the way right on the top is three dots that activate the General Settings. At the bottom above the "About" is Device Name; enter the new name and save.

I keep seeing this, but I don't have that option with the current djigo software. Litchi allows a name change, but not djigo according to both my attempts and dji customer service. Did you actually have this work for you Rick?

I keep seeing this, but I don't have that option with the current djigo software. Litchi allows a name change, but not djigo according to both my attempts and dji customer service. Did you actually have this work for you Rick?
Yes it did work for me. I couldn't think of a name (female) while I was signing in on the software ware so I gave it a ridiculous "Henrietta". Got to be worse name ever. DJI support told me it couldn't be done, but I lucked out and now Henrietta is Hawkeye II. Make sure everything is connected and on and you're in the camera communicating with the rci/drone.

Reactions: Malcolm Reynolds
Yes it did work for me. I couldn't think of a name (female) while I was signing in on the software ware so I gave it a ridiculous "Henrietta". Got to be worse name ever. DJI support told me it couldn't be done, but I lucked out and now Henrietta is Hawkeye II. Make sure everything is connected and on and you're in the camera communicating with the rci/drone.

ok ill go give it another try right now. I'm using android and djigo ver 2.8.3 Are you using the same?

I was told by support you can only change your Phantom's name on ios devices. So in my case until I can borrow someones ios device im stuck with "Pimpmobile".....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers