mystery-drone-illegally-flies-over-fenway-during-red-sox-game

Reaction score
This the kind of irresponsible crap that will bring more regulation and grief for UAV pilots I hope the person is caught and fined heavily.

Reaction score
Yes hope he gets some orange jail socks
Always some idiot about,mayby they hovered and take picture,any red socks Ariel pictures about,! There's our culprit :rolleyes:

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Reaction score
Probably a small toy drone. Anything for some news.

Reactions: P3P
Reaction score
"This incident shows why the federal government must mandate a remote identification system for airborne drones as soon as possible" - Adam Lisberg, Dir. of Communications DJI.

If they make an identification system, what does that mean for pilots? What if someone flies and doesnt get air clearance, but they are flying pretty low, scanning the sky, being safe, they going to fine that person now? It's equivalent to putting trackers in cars, and then fining them for speeding.

BigAl07

Staff member
Reaction score
from the video captured by a fan, it appeared to be a Phantom

Have a link? I want to read more about it.

Never mind I found several links on it once I learned to SPELL correctly LOL.

Reaction score
"This incident shows why the federal government must mandate a remote identification system for airborne drones as soon as possible" - Adam Lisberg, Dir. of Communications DJI.

If they make an identification system, what does that mean for pilots? What if someone flies and doesnt get air clearance, but they are flying pretty low, scanning the sky, being safe, they going to fine that person now? It's equivalent to putting trackers in cars, and then fining them for speeding.
It means that flying illegally will become more risky in terms of getting caught. And it's more like being able to identify speeding vehicles - a bit like speed and red-light radar systems already do by reading their license plates.

Reaction score
from the video captured by a fan, it appeared to be a Phantom
Or a drone that someone bought off Ebay or Amazon, that happens to look like a phantom. As drones keep shrinking in size, and tech keeps getting better, regulations will become impossible. Soccer moms will be pulling them out of their purses and sending them on mapping missions. The people are just going to have to get use to the existence of these toys and deal with it. I remember when you could be arrested for trying to sneak a tape recorder into a rock concert. Now the whole crowd stands up waving their cell phones while recording video, and taking pictures of the entire show. I remember when doing such would have been a serious crime, but it's a different world now, and it will be out with the old, and in with the new.

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What if someone flies and doesnt get air clearance, but they are flying pretty low, scanning the sky, being safe, they going to fine that person now?
If you're in airspace that requires clearance, get clearance. Height and vigilance don't counteract the fact that you would be flying illegally.

Reaction score
Reactions: MTO
Reaction score
"What if someone flies and doesn't get air clearance " You mean illegally?

Reactions: BigAl07
Reaction score
Maybe an age limit, say above 15 years old.
Gosh I know in shops to buy a dji phantom or for example detect x380 which fraction bigger than phantom you need to be 18 years old,,,this is where ebay etc do not have age limit when come to buying drones off these sites,,that's how it work in NZ anyway,,

Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
If find it ironic that there is greater public concern and uproar these days over consumer drones than there ever was during the latter part of the 20th century when much of the public believed UFOs that were documented on film were aliens from other planets who were studying us. Apparently, people have no privacy concerns when it comes to aliens -- despite reports of abductions.

Reaction score
Ironic?
Really?

Drones are known to be real.

Reactions: With The Birds
Reaction score
Ironic?
Really?

Drones are known to be real.
No way. Mine is a “Phantom “.

a figment of the imagination.

"he tried to clear the phantoms from his head and grasp reality"

synonyms:figment of the imagination, delusion, hallucination, illusion, chimera, vision, fantasy, mirage;
rarephantasm

Reaction score

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDsc0rch