mystery-drone-illegally-flies-over-fenway-during-red-sox-game

"This incident shows why the federal government must mandate a remote identification system for airborne drones as soon as possible" - Adam Lisberg, Dir. of Communications DJI.

If they make an identification system, what does that mean for pilots? What if someone flies and doesnt get air clearance, but they are flying pretty low, scanning the sky, being safe, they going to fine that person now? It's equivalent to putting trackers in cars, and then fining them for speeding.

from the video captured by a fan, it appeared to be a Phantom

Have a link? I want to read more about it.

Never mind I found several links on it once I learned to SPELL correctly LOL.

"This incident shows why the federal government must mandate a remote identification system for airborne drones as soon as possible" - Adam Lisberg, Dir. of Communications DJI.

If they make an identification system, what does that mean for pilots? What if someone flies and doesnt get air clearance, but they are flying pretty low, scanning the sky, being safe, they going to fine that person now? It's equivalent to putting trackers in cars, and then fining them for speeding.

It means that flying illegally will become more risky in terms of getting caught. And it's more like being able to identify speeding vehicles - a bit like speed and red-light radar systems already do by reading their license plates.

from the video captured by a fan, it appeared to be a Phantom
Or a drone that someone bought off Ebay or Amazon, that happens to look like a phantom. As drones keep shrinking in size, and tech keeps getting better, regulations will become impossible. Soccer moms will be pulling them out of their purses and sending them on mapping missions. The people are just going to have to get use to the existence of these toys and deal with it. I remember when you could be arrested for trying to sneak a tape recorder into a rock concert. Now the whole crowd stands up waving their cell phones while recording video, and taking pictures of the entire show. I remember when doing such would have been a serious crime, but it's a different world now, and it will be out with the old, and in with the new.

What if someone flies and doesnt get air clearance, but they are flying pretty low, scanning the sky, being safe, they going to fine that person now?
If you're in airspace that requires clearance, get clearance. Height and vigilance don't counteract the fact that you would be flying illegally.

This the kind of irresponsible crap that will bring more regulation and grief for UAV pilots I hope the person is caught and fined heavily.

Reactions: tunadoctor and MTO
If find it ironic that there is greater public concern and uproar these days over consumer drones than there ever was during the latter part of the 20th century when much of the public believed UFOs that were documented on film were aliens from other planets who were studying us. Apparently, people have no privacy concerns when it comes to aliens -- despite reports of abductions.

Ironic?
Really?

Drones are known to be real.

Reactions: With The Birds
Ironic?
Really?

Drones are known to be real.
No way. Mine is a “Phantom “.

a figment of the imagination.

"he tried to clear the phantoms from his head and grasp reality"

synonyms:figment of the imagination, delusion, hallucination, illusion, chimera, vision, fantasy, mirage;
rarephantasm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31