Mysterious crash into a tree, followed by tropical thunderstorm

Reaction score
So I was flying my Phantom up a road on a hill and did something stupid, which was to turn a curve around the mountain and the Phantom got disconnected. I wasn't too worried as I'd set it to a return home altitude that was way more than enough, but when I ran around the corner I couldn't find it anywhere. The camera was completely broken off in the middle of the road, but there were no other parts anywhere to be seen.

After about 2 hours of searching, I found it at the top of a tree in the middle of the jungle. It took about 3 hours to get it down, since it was in a really difficult to reach place, and as luck would have it in those 3 hours there was a quick 15 minute thunderstorm. We finally recovered the Phantom and while one of the legs is slightly snapped it seems to be in pretty good condition, not a single one of the propellors is even bent. The lights were even still on and it connected to the controller while it was in the tree, although by the time we came back after it had rained they were off (although it could feasibly have been the battery that ran out).

I've now taken it home and taken the battery and SD card out and am waiting for it to try, but is there anything else I can do? Is there any chance it will fly again, and more importantly, is there any chance the camera can be re-attached? I'm currently in Thailand which makes things much more complicated.

I think around 200m, which should have been much more than needed. Either way I don't understand how the camera can have been detached a good 50 meters away from where the Phantom eventually crashed into a tree

Strangely enough it didn't record, although it was definitely recording when I took off and all the other videos are still on the SD card. Either way I'm not sure it would solve much, since I found the camera a good 50 meters away from where the drone was.

Strangely enough it didn't record, although it was definitely recording when I took off and all the other videos are still on the SD card. Either way I'm not sure it would solve much, since I found the camera a good 50 meters away from where the drone was.
You probably need to finalise the video file.

what does that mean?
It means that if the camera lost power while recording it would not have been able
to finalise the file so it won't be playable. If you search the forum you will find some free apps that will repair the file.

Have you worked out what you managed to fly into yet? The video should be good.

If your video file exists, but is not playable, then I have (free) software that might be able to repair it:
Repairing Corrupt DJI Phantom or Inspire Video Files

Reactions: imagoo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers