My Update Experience

Reaction score
I did a full update today. P3A to 1.7, DJI Go (Android) to 2.7.0 and the RC to 1.058. Here was my experience (all good in the end...)

DJI Go - updated without issue but had the 4:3 instead of 16:9 viewing issue that most people on Android are experiencing. I was all ready to clear the app cache, uninstall, reboot and reinstall which I have read fixes the issue but I didn't have to. By chance, after setting viewing to 16:9 without anything changing, I switched over to the "about" screen to check my versions and the view switched to 16:9 by itself and so far has stayed there. Weird...

RC - Updated without issue...

P3A - I downloaded the update, unzipped it, copied the .bin to my SD and went to install. Everything started out okay, the gimbal LED was flashing green/red as it should and I had the d-d-d-d tone. Then after a few minutes the LED went solid red and I had a solid not beeping tone. I shut the P3A off, pulled the SD and the install status txt file said the update failed. I deleted the txt and bin file, re-downloaded the zip, copied the bin file over to the SD and then went to update again. The P3A started up as it normally would when not updating. After a few minutes I powered down again, pulled the SD and opened the update status txt file only to see that the update file was the same as the installed version on the P3A so no update was done. Weird again!

I fired everything up as I normally would and checked my versions which were all correct. Everything is at the latest version. BTW... There is no battery update on 1.7...

I haven't taken the P3A out to fly yet (I finished updating at 11:00pm) but everything else seems okay. I won't be able to get out to fly until next weekend and am hoping all will be good!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic