My Phantom P4 does not obey controls

Reaction score
A newbie needs some advice.

Procedure I'm following
1. start Android tablet with appropriate software
2. make sure it's connected to wifi
3. turn on the control unit (short + long button press)
4. turn on the drone (short + long button press)
5. on tablet issue Take-off slide
6. try controls

First of all. When the control unit starts is gives out a red light beside
battery indicator white-light-row and it keeps annoying beeping noise
that does not stop.

By tablet command the drone rises about 1,5m hight with steady
position there, but none of the commands seem to do anything.
Only button on control unit that this drone obeys is the HOME button
and that it does quite well.

There is something I'm obviously doing completely wrong way,
can anyone point me to the direction I can get out of this mess.

:(

Obviously there is something out of order with my system, but this irritating sound is all I get as a hint of what might be the cause of this distress. Is there a list of error codes, error signals and sounds anywhere or are those all in the class of "mystery meat"?

I've got a P3A so this may not qualify.

But I've found over the last two years that if I power up the bird first, and then the controller and tablet, I almost always get a connection.

SB

I would try doing a Tx/Transmitter Calibration in the DJI Go Ap. See if that helps with your problem.

Hint: IIRC you do this without the aircraft ON. Transmitter ON, Tablet ON, DJI GO Ap running and in the Calibration mention

Reactions: Sagebrush
I would try doing a Tx/Transmitter Calibration in the DJI Go Ap. See if that helps with your problem.

Hint: IIRC you do this without the aircraft ON. Transmitter ON, Tablet ON, DJI GO Ap running and in the Calibration mention

Al: I don't mean to highjack this thread, but do you power your AC on first?

SB

Al: I don't mean to highjack this thread, but do you power your AC on first?

SB

No I'm old school... A/C is the last thing I power on.

TX > Tablet > Application > Aircraft

Power down is opposite:

Aircraft > Application > Tablet > Tx

Reactions: Sagebrush

You mean that the drone should be off, but all the rest must be on? In this scenario, calibration will succeed?

You mean that the drone should be off, but all the rest must be on? In this scenario, calibration will succeed?

I didn't try it last night but I'm pretty sure the aircraft must be OFF in order to be able to do a Controller/Transmitter calibration. You can't have it connected to the aircraft and do the calibration at the same time IIRC.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj