My P4P flew away yesterday, need log from aircraft

Reaction score
I had a flyaway yesterday, after a while Go app disconnected from aircraft, and therefore also ended the logging.
Miraculously recovered it today 3km away, but im interested to find out what happened in the last stage of the flight before it touched down, and that part is only in the aircraft log.
As i recall, theres only DAT files and no txt, or?
Is it possible to translate data from the aircraft like the txt log file, or?
I know Dji can translate this, but i would be interested to see the facts myself also.
Thanks

Reactions: Ed Oz
See the link above for instructions.

Make sure you pull the right file. Each time you power up, it creates a new one. So count the number of power cycles and make sure it's the right one.

Make sure you pull the right file. Each time you power up, it creates a new one. So count the number of power cycles and make sure it's the right one.

Im not sure what you mean, i get that its creating a new everytime i start up, but i have done it many times since i got it back to check stuff, how do i know which one is the correct one then, file size?
Also i cannot find the DJi assistant after installing it on my Mac, not even with search, any clue?
I did restart the computer after installing it all.

Check the time stamps. Also it will be a larger file size. If you can, upload the dat file to Dropbox and link it here. I can use datcon to look or others can too if you're not sure how to use it.

Oh no, its only for PC?
Its nice of you to look at it for me, but there are things here i really need to find out and document myself...
Its 1,86GB
DatCon will run on a Mac with a little effort. After downloading and unzipping DatCon there will be a readme.txt. Running on a Mac is explained there.

To pick the right flight in DJI Assistant 2 you might want to check out this.

Bud created datcon, once you know how to use it it's fantastic. But again we can also do it if you upload the original DAT.

There were 3 files after unzip manual, release notes and setup.exe, no readmefile there
You probably downloaded the CsvView package which won't run on a Mac until the next release. DatCon will run on a Mac and it's download package contains the readme.txt.

1.86GB? That's seems awfully large! If it was the last full flight you did, just find the last large file. All the small ones will be ones when you turn it on only for a short while on the ground.

1.86GB? That's seems awfully large! If it was the last full flight you did, just find the last large file. All the small ones will be ones when you turn it on only for a short while on the ground.
They can get that large if the Vision Module File is also selected. In fact, the Vision Module File can sometimes be larger than the Flight Control File. DatCon and CsvView don't understand the Vision Module File so it's wasted space to include them.

They can also get large is multiple Flight Control Files are selected. DatCon and CsvView will tell you if there are more than one Flight Control File and offer to process just the first one. If you want to process those Flight Control Files after the first one there is an app called ExtractDJI that extracts those Flight Control Files that can then be submitted to DatCon or CsvView.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31