My P3A is here but I need a tablet. Help.

Reaction score
My P3A was delivered this morning (only 5 days after shipping email) but I still don't have a tablet. I have a 2 year old iPad 4, but it will not work with Pilot. I would prefer not to have to buy a new iPad at this time since Apple will be coming out with new models in a few months and there are currently no discounts on the existing models. What is the best Android alternative I might be able to find at Best Buy? (Best Buy and Wal Mart are the only electronics stores within 150 miles and I hate to wait for shipping) I would prefer not to have to get a data plan as I already have a cell phone and iPad with AT&T data plans. Thanks for any help.

If using an Apple device, you need a device with an A7 or A8 processor. It is possible to install DJI Pilot on older devices. But, don't expect to run it without some lag.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For Android, many people are having good results with the Nvidia Shield.

If you don't want to invest a lot of money I'd go with a Nexus 7 (2013) Android tablet. I found one used locally on Craigslist for $100 in perfect condition and it works just fine. Then when the next iPad comes out you could resell the Nexus 7 and get the latest and greatest if that's your preferred long term device.

That's just my two cents!

I also have just gotten the Nexus 7 (2013) -- so far so good-- have about 8 flight under my belt in the last 2 days-- have a hood on order as like most out the the reflection is pretty b even with the glare screen on it

Nexus 7 for me, I have an iPad and a iPad mini but the older version so went with the Nexus, so far so good.

i would try the video from the second post first before buying a tablet... apparently the iphone 5 works so the ipad 4 should work as well

The Pilot App would not install on my iPad 4. I got an error message saying that it was not compatible.

I ran into Wal Mart at lunch. They had the Samsung Tab S 8.4 on sale for $319 so I bought it. That seems like the best Android tablet available here without waiting for shipping.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Galaxy tab s is on sale at best buy this week $100 off. I prefer the shield for the built in twitch live streaming but the tab s is excellent also.

Here is a live stream I did with my shield. The shields tegra k1 cpu and gpu is the most powerful of any tablet. The nexus 9 has the same k1 chip as well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31