Reaction score
This is my P3P video taken of the Calico Basin, Gateway Canyon Trail just west of Las Vegas located near the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. As of yet, it has no sound and no titles. I wanted to get the video posted first. It was shot and uploaded in 4K.

This is by far my most daring and complex mission. Although I've been to the area several times, I had never viewed the Gateway Canyon Trail. (I'm not into long hikes!) I worked out the path in Google Earth Pro first, exported it to a .KML file and then imported it into Litchi Hub where I refined the curves and waypoints. The total distance is 2.8 miles with a flight time of 15 minutes according to Litchi. The actual flight time is just over 13 minutes.

This mission was a success largely due to the very favorable weather. Winds were calm (i.e. less than 3 mph) meaning the winds in the canyon itself would be negligible. However, I did forget to set my RTH altitude and that could have been a huge problem! Live and learn...

I hope you enjoy it!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mission Hub

Dude, that's great, I was going to ask if you would share your mission before I even finished reading the post, when I scrolled down to start the video, there it was.

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Reactions: VegasFlyer
Dude, that's great, I was going to ask if you would share your mission before I even finished reading the post, when I scrolled down to start the video, there it was.

View attachment 95990

Rod

Thanks Rod! I'm glad you liked it! :)

I haven't watched it yet :D
Well not the whole thing...
RTH, OMG, Not my luck. :eek:

Had a flight that went into RTH, I shared the .dat file with @sar104, tablet didn't have all the data.
It appears in the mission the battery had some errors, it came back at height of the current waypoint
(Way up there).

Rod

RTH, OMG, Not my luck. :eek:

Had a flight that went into RTH, I shared the .dat file with @sar104, tablet didn't have all the data.
It appears in the mission the battery had some errors, it came back at height of the current waypoint
(Way up there).

Rod

It wasn't until a couple of minutes after LOS that I recalled not setting it. My drone would be in pieces on one of those HUGE rocks! ;)

Rod

Not the whole thing? It's only 13 minutes long! Put down the beer and start watching! :D

I had no idea of the scale, and distance from the cliffs until I saw people walking at around 7:50. WOW! I would love to go there. Great video.

I had no idea of the scale, and distance from the cliffs until I saw people walking at around 7:50. WOW! I would love to go there. Great video.

Thank you! Yes, I was blown away by that too. Thank goodness we don't have earthquakes here, some of those rocks are larger than a house!

Pretty cool flight. Looks like a really cool area. You could go in to the creator studio on YouTube and add music.

Ah, ok. I was thinking I would have to add tracks during the edit process. I still need to re-edit the video to add some titles. I'm new at this, so it's a lot of trial and error for me.

So if you were to do the mission again, would add a maybe a 1 ft at the waypoints that have curve size of 0, example WP19,21 to get rid of the stop and start of the Phantom?
Or was this intentional?

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic