My drone just fell out of the sky

Think about it for a sec..... the motors apply torque to the props to spin them in the same direction as the thread is handed. This must tighten them.

I concur: they ARE self locking ---of course that means after the props are hand snug to begin with.

I was responding to post that said they were not self tightening / self locking. and that it was left over from p2 .

You're just a regular spammer. Deal with it. Where are your costumers? I don't see them here. You discouraged people... but it's not my business. Your post's are the worst adv ever :) Why? Becasue they are irritating and anoying.

says the guy just here 2 weeks ....lol
don't read them,, but I bet if you crash you WILL remember....

FWIW
the drone repair center is a valid long time poster here and other forums.
they have repaired and sold many many used p2.and p3 aircraft.
I do not know the/him.
but I do know that Hani has been here fixing gimbals and quads long before I got here and that was well over a year ago.

those that never had a p1 or p2 may not be aware of that history because these newer drones are just that much better tech wise than top of the line in 2014.
we had a lot of owner/user updates back then......

over the past year when someone with a broken camera or gimbal needed a part or fix ... this was one of only about 3 or 4 legit suppliers of used/repaired stuff.

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: Neary Aerial
Self-serving commercial ad ... wrong ... reported!

FYI for all members - If you see a red banner below a members avatar/name with the words "APPROVED VENDOR" they are clear to post ads anywhere in the forum.

says the guy just here 2 weeks ....lol
Long enough to see the disastrous way to advertise.
It seems you can do that cause you're "approved vendor". Ok. But still - this is just bad. Waiting for someone's tragedy to post adv? Realy?
Believe me - i'm the adv agency owner and for the first time see such a bad way to encourage people.

Long enough to see the disastrous way to advertise.
It seems you can do that cause you're "approved vendor". Ok. But still - this is just bad. Waiting for someone's tragedy to post adv? Realy?
Believe me - i'm the adv agency owner and for the first time see such a bad way to encourage people.

YOU said :

" Where are your costumers? I don't see them here...."

I simply answered and pointed that out , maybe you would KNOW that if you had a little history.

People have been asking for some type of insurance and or service contracts forever......here and other forums!

take care

I'm not sure the P3's active breaking is done by slowing down the motors, at least not any more than by pitching the AC against the forward movement vector. It's exactly the opposite of accelerating forward, or "accelerating backwards" so to speak. If that's true then in fact the motors are sped up, not slowed down... Well at least not to the point of unscrewing the props.

I'm saying so because that's how it sounds to me when the P3 is breaking. My other drones make the same rev up noise when breaking, but it´s hard to tell for sure what´s going on. I could be wrong about that of course, but "breaking the aircraft" is not the same as "breaking the motors", so maybe this unscrewing has to do with something else. Maybe.

Anyway, I use the metal hub props (DJI) a lot, I really dig them, and you'd think those are easier to unscrew accidentally... but it's never happened, not even during hard breaking. I give them all 4 a final tightening before taking off, every time. Just to be sure.

Reactions: Solar Deity
Do not use locktite.

If your prop came off in flight, your motor stopped suddenly. Active braking should not stop the motor, only slow it down. Even a snug prop will fly off if the motor stops. The prop coming off is a symptom, not the cause. If your motor stops you will crash, with or without the prop.

Self tightening Propeller is one of the biggest issue for p3. U will definitely losse tighten in one day, happing many case already. And that is why dji knew the issue and push p4 so early and change the design for it like inspre 1 design.

I had a couple of close calls where it appeared that the prop was on but it actually had just caught at the top and the spinning was the motor spinning not the prop screwing down. I check them every time now.

It's possible that your prop's threads stripped...especially if over-tightened. Were you able to retrieve the prop that came off? If yes, check the threads.
Doesn't self-tightening in this case simply mean that the motors spin in the opposite direction you tighten the blades, and they never go in the opposite direction? Worst case though is motor lock up in mid flight which cloud unwind the blade from inertial force.

Mine did the same thing via RTH. One prop stopped and it just dropped. Sent it back to DJI and after 10 week it was repaired and returned with no explanation. Now I have lost my confidence in the machine.

I'm having a hard time understanding how it would be possible for a prop to come off during flight unless the pilot simply did not tighten them. Even if you don't tighten them the motors double cycle during startup which would at least bottom the prop out against the motor. I spin the props on until they start to spin the motor then I grab the motor with my thumb and index finger and with the other hand cinch the props down. I have never had the P3 come back after a flight with even a loose prop. I use the black props as they are stiffer which I like but snug is as tight as I go with any prop. I think a lot of these issues come down to pilot error of some sort. Crashing a Phantom is another common problem that I don't see the reason for. If you are not sure of the status of the P3 or if you start to panic - just let go of the sticks and the thing will just hover until you can get your bearings. It seems that you would really have to stop paying attention to what you are doing to crash one of these. I've flown drones that did not have the technology of a Phantom and those crash because you cannot just let it hover - let go of the sticks and lower tech drones go straight down. The technology in the Phantoms mitigates crashing problems provided the systems are working as designed.

Reactions: MrDroneUK
Mine did the same thing via RTH. One prop stopped and it just dropped. Sent it back to DJI and after 10 week it was repaired and returned with no explanation. Now I have lost my confidence in the machine.
It sounds like in your case the motor stopped working which would cause it to become uncontrollable - that's a whole different issue and I would lose confidence as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1