my drone arrives tomorrow

Reaction score
never flew anything before cant wait!!! Question can i switch my right switch from manual to failsafe while flying gonna start in naza m mode but seems to me if there's a flyaway my only recourse after home and control lock fails is to switch off the transmitter... i want the option of flying manual but the insurance of having failsafe...

No. But, you can turn off your remote controller if you want to initiate fail safe.

If you've never flown anything before, switching to manual will most likely not save you as flying in manual mode for most here is probably Phantom suicide. IMO keep FailSafe available in S1 and don't just shut off your RC if in trouble.

Reactions: Mako79
LISTEN, read the book and watch utube videos. dont even think of being a pro on 1st day. u gonna lose that copter if u show off.

If you've never flown anything before, switching to manual will most likely not save you as flying in manual mode for most here is probably Phantom suicide. IMO keep FailSafe available in S1 and don't just shut off your RC if in trouble.
+1
She will drop like a brick on manual. Inertia and gravity 1, you zero.

Flyaways are no longer common. The trend for flyaways lately seems to be taking off from magnetically influenced areas. This disorientates the compass. Take off from your plastic storage case or cardboard box and avoid metal surfaces like the roof of your car and avoid concrete as it has metal rebar that you cannot see.

Agreed. Have gps, atti, and failsafe as your right swtch options. Atti is the thing to use when you need to regain control from any unexpected gps results. To guard against flyaways always check what your phantomthinks is home by a quick check of ground station before you take off.

To make sure these fail safes work. Make sure u have gps lock before u take off or fail safe wont work. Steady Blinking green lights before u take off. Also use an app that tell you 'safe to fly'. The DJI app wont tell u 'safe to fly'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers