My DJI P3A Flew away just now :( what to do?

Reaction score
Hi,
During the live streaming via periscope it warned me as GPS lost (it was 50-60 meters far from me with 30 meters altitude) and it immidiately started to drift opposite direction, I made RTH but did not work it continued drifting to the other direction.
I was receiving the video image on my screen but horizontal control was not there then when it was 12% image transmisson also lost.
I do not know where is it, I checked the log, it is showing the place where gps lost close to me, other drifting log was not there.
I made F and A mode but still could not get back the control.
I trusted DJI and did not use gps tracker on DJI drone and now I do not know where my drone is.
Can you give me some clue what to do? how can I find the latest location?
I will contact to DJI because I was calibrating my drone each and everytime, everything seems fine before flying and it was only 50 meters far from me and I couldnt control it which is not understandable.
Please give me your helpful support.
Thanks.
Seri

Well first off, if GPS was lost I'm not sure hitting the RTH was a very good idea. Would have been better to switch to manual right away and bring it in. But hindsight is always 20/20 and the advice doesn't really help you out now. Sorry for the loss.

Sounds like it's time to make up some "If found call ____, reward offered" type flyers and start posting them in the direction you last saw it flying. A buddy of mine did that when he lost a Syma X8.

Hope this story has a happy resolution for you.

darn, i hope you can find it. There isn't a way to track it except playing back the route back on the app. just get some friends together and go hunting.

I agree. Since you knew the last point and the direction of flight, grab some friends and start looking. Remember the altitude it was flying also in case there are obstacles in its directional path. Good luck !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

darn, i hope you can find it. There isn't a way to track it except playing back the route back on the app. just get some friends together and go hunting.
4 of us looked around but could not find today, lets see tomorrow...

Well first off, if GPS was lost I'm not sure hitting the RTH was a very good idea. Would have been better to switch to manual right away and bring it in. But hindsight is always 20/20 and the advice doesn't really help you out now. Sorry for the loss.

Sounds like it's time to make up some "If found call ____, reward offered" type flyers and start posting them in the direction you last saw it flying. A buddy of mine did that when he lost a Syma X8.

Hope this story has a happy resolution for you.
First I tried RTH because before flying it told 'home point has been updated'
I did not work and I put it to A mode but I did not help managing horizontal.
flyer is not a bad idea. thank you.

I agree. Since you knew the last point and the direction of flight, grab some friends and start looking. Remember the altitude it was flying also in case there are obstacles in its directional path. Good luck !

I did it with 3 of my friends but it is a farming area and long plants are there, very hard to find there in hectars of farming area.
I will try tomorrow as well.

this is my log:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I did it with 3 of my friends but it is a farming area and long plants are there, very hard to find there in hectars of farming area.
I will try tomorrow as well.

Better luck tomorrow. Maybe to offer a reward to the finder will encourage your three friends to invite their friends to join the search party. Hope you find it!

Did I see that the battery was at 12 or 17 percent?

It was 35% when I brought it back close to me but suddenly GPS signal lost and it started to drift to the opposite way with maximum speed.
It was 50 meter far from me but after loosing the GPS signal it went 3 km away and when the battery went to 12% video transmission lost.
A mode did not work, horizontal managing was not working.

Hi,
During the live streaming via periscope it warned me as GPS lost (it was 50-60 meters far from me with 30 meters altitude) and it immidiately started to drift opposite direction, I made RTH but did not work it continued drifting to the other direction.
I was receiving the video image on my screen but horizontal control was not there then when it was 12% image transmisson also lost.
Can you give me some clue what to do? how can I find the latest location?
Please give me your helpful support.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someonehere will probably be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someonehere will probably be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
Hi,
This is the log link;
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

But it is not showing the latest location as you may see from the log of DJI GO application.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
drone is shown at its latest location but distance is increasing as I can see from my screen that it is going opposite direction of me.
It went 3 km far from me when it was 12%, then screen connection lost and dont know there is it.

That's a very interesting flight log. I'm no expert on reading these, so I'll defer that to those that can pick through it and offer their opinions. There are some great people here that can give you an idea of what happened, and hopefully give you a location of where it might be. I did notice that at "go home" it did climb to 380' +/- , and a battery percentage drop from 94% to 54% at point# 364 at 10.57 minutes into the flight.

But like I said, there are far better people than me on the forum that can give you an insight on what happened. Best of luck. We're all waiting for a good outcome! [emoji3]

Reactions: SenginUK
That's a very interesting flight log. I'm no expert on reading these, so I'll defer that to those that can pick through it and offer their opinions. There are some great people here that can give you an idea of what happened, and hopefully give you a location of where it might be. I did notice that at "go home" it did climb to 380' +/- , and a battery percentage drop from 94% to 54% at point# 364 at 10.57 minutes into the flight.

But like I said, there are far better people than me on the forum that can give you an insight on what happened. Best of luck. We're all waiting for a good outcome! [emoji3]

Thank you very much.
I am also little experienced on Rcs and Quadcopters but I am new at DJI.
I am sure some more experienced people can give me a better idea and location clue.
I am looking for someone in London that can help me on finding it with his drone :) lets see. thanks anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31