My complete MOD list, w/ how-to, tips, and tricks!n

Hello! The link to the seller for the plug and play gimbal is out of them. Any idea where I can find one like yours?

Hello! The link to the seller for the plug and play gimbal is out of them. Any idea where I can find one like yours?

He has it listed as a ( walkera KBM-2D ) 2 axis gimbal!
Maybe try to search that up? I could not find one on eBay? There used to be 3 different sellers selling them, now I only find the upgraded version, that is harder to install. I would look around China sites for it as that is where it is made. My box only says ( KBM-2D ) there is a we code on it, takes me to
( radiogearpro.com ) but I could not find that gimbal there, but they do have other gimbals, maybe shoot them an email, maybe they can help you find one? Hope this helps!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes,
But a couple people here are having trouble installing them, the pictures don't make sense, one pic shows plug n play, next shows external battery, or soldering to MC? Plus it looks like you have to open bird to hook to naza-M F1 port? I'd have to actually see decent pics of all parts to understand the correct way to install without burn out! I'm weary of it, honestly.

I would try to contact original seller, to see when he will restock, or try the other link to supplier, maybe they can direct you to another seller, selling them? These are great, and easy to install, and are capable of running ( simplebgc software as well ) might be worth the wait?

J Dot

True,
But this was the only one I ever found, that was truly plug n play, some say that, but just not true! I really wish I could see the pics of the parts to the upgraded one! I know how Chinese work, just as in most languages, gets lost in translation!
They may be trying to say, it can be hooked up multiple ways, and the picture depict that? But I could be wrong! I asked the other guys ( ones having trouble installing theirs ) I asked them for pics, they sent me links to the auction! FIGURES! Lol
So I cannot help them, as they just want answers but don't want to do anything to get it! Or don't know how to post pictures? You only need 3 wires, it is not really hard, first 2 wires ( power positive ( + ), and power negative ( - )), and last wire ( pitch F1 naza ) same wire coming out of the bottom of vision ( servo wire ) there are 3 bundled in that wire ( +, -, pitch ) you ONLY need pitch. Now the cable In the pictures of the upgraded gimbal, has the MAGIC wire, as it plugs to your white camera wire ( one that looks like a headphone jack ) Steals ( power +, - ) from that, and provides the jumper back to camera ( has a RED ( Jst ) POWER PLUG ON ONE END, that red power plug SHOULD power the gimbal, by simply plugging it in, but in next picture, gimbal shows a WHITE ( 3s ) power plug? This is where it gets weird! Why a red plug on cable and a completely different plug on gimbal? This is where I'm wondering, if you can hook it either way? But I need to see if gimbal even has the red JST plug on it, or do you need to cut off white plug, and replace with matching JST PLUG? if that is the case, that part IS plug n play kinda, but next issue, my gimbal has a special servo lease that plug directly into existing servo wire hanging out of phantom belly, but the wire on the upgraded one looks like a different servo wire, like it needs to hook directly to naza flight controller? But like I said, I really need to see the stupid thing to know for sure? Maybe I'll buy one, cause this is driving me crazy, I hate NOT KNOWING!

J Dot

Ok,
I talked to seller, that one is not plug n play, also it hangs lower than phantom, forcing you to use longer landing gear or leg spacers, also requires soldering, or external battery! He said He does not know if it comes with that magic wire? And requires you hook directly to naza, forcing you to open your bird to install! Bummer!

J Dot

Interesting. Here is a photo I received from the seller.
$_12.jpg

Yes,
Finally a picture!
Good show!
So looks like power is plug-n-play, BUT pitch control might NOT! This does simplify things quite a bit, wish I had a closer pic of gimbal assembly, and hookups? As i am wondering why there are ( 2 ) servo jumper wires? You should only need ( 1 ) wire from ( 1 ) jumper! Other 2 wires are not needed, as we are powering it from camera feed! So don't need naza POS. or NEG. ! Only F2 pitch control. Still requires you open bird to hook directly to naza-m flight controller, and if you don't alter the 3 wires to only 1 , you run the risk of burnout!
Unless one of those jumpers has the matching end? I can't really see in the pic? If that is the case, it would be plug n play?

My gimbal is very similar, powers the same way, but comes with a prewired ( YELLOW ) wire with the matching end of the existing servo wire that tilts the fc200 camera on stock vision!
No need to open bird! Only alteration I had, was opening the hole on the gimbal mount, as it comes too small to let servo wire to pass through, I originally took plug apart, passed wires through, and reassembled the plug, later drilled it out! Still not a bad gimbal, fairly easy to hook up, but Very similar! Definitely better than original China gimbal!

I'd go for one! I might buy one just to make an instruction video! Now I'm interested!
Thanks for the picture! Helps A Lot!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Last edited:
Wanted to add, the hidden bonus, mounts FC200 OR GoPro! That part is pretty cool, for someone wanting to try both, or swap, ect! Not sure how balance would play good or bad? As GoPro and fc200 do not weight the same, but maybe placement plays an important factor in that theory? Still cool!

J Dot

Wanted to add, the hidden bonus, mounts FC200 OR GoPro! That part is pretty cool, for someone wanting to try both, or swap, ect! Not sure how balance would play good or bad? As GoPro and fc200 do not weight the same, but maybe placement plays an important factor in that theory? Still cool!

J Dot
You wouldn't have FPV with the gopro would ya ?

Reactions: J Dot
No!
You are right Dirk, only holds camera, would still need FPV setup for it to work. Just thought it was cool can go either way, I've contemplated going go pro? Maybe this is the first step? Lol I guess I need a gopro FIRST! Would like to try the gimbal though!

J Dot

J Dot
hy jdot
can you share your set gain in your phantom??
an settin in glb bsc???

i have the problem
default set gain ,,, my phantom shaking and vibration after instal gimbal 2 axis

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to share some info with you, more for our new friends here, but I'm sure, something for everyone!

I've had my P2v for nearly 2 years now, and have done a lot of options, and mods, on it! So I wanted to share some tips, secrets, tricks, and how-to's with you.

At some point, most of us decide to change something on our crafts, so I'll go through a couple simple additions, that should be done on ALL our phantoms!

First thing you want to do with your new bird ( or old ).
Put you contact info on your craft, something like," lost please call 111-111-1111 " or " If found, return to John Doe, 1111 s lake dr, ect. ".
Similar to this:
F5D1CD2C-C1AB-4D2D-A9F4-F3C6D4C82EF3_zpslidr1q5r.jpg

Next:
Put your contact info on your Remote, as well, you might leave it somewhere by mistake? ( also put info on your case, if you have one! )
Like this:
A30E7223-BA9F-475F-AFC5-3E873E2B85EF_zpsarwzitos.jpg

Next
If you have more than 1 battery, number the batteries, ( 1-2-3-4-ect. ) this way you can alternate batteries, or tell which is bad, and good ( if you have a bad pack )
Like this:
EFDD88CE-51DA-4C44-AFBD-4B9DE48547D9_zpsbsg75rrf.jpg

( All stickers above can be purchased at any sign shop, or online sticker maker )

Next,
You'll want to add a portable GPS Tracker ( like a Tk-102b, or alike ) as some have a 72 hour battery life, gives you plenty of time to find your missing friend!
Like this:
5125669F-65BC-4BBC-957B-127E81E36F0E_zps7yiygrbe.gif

( I bought mine on eBay ( global tracker Tk-102b ))

Here is a trick, most know to do this, but some may not? At one point you will need to open shell on phantom,
Here is a easy trick, to save headaches:
4A44B8D1-133A-41B1-924B-1DA44086492D_zps2fs1qgtw.jpg

63D265A7-409F-45C4-83E2-7817CB60A2E6_zpsbww9d1si.jpg

686BCEAD-4AA3-4B8D-AB92-BC191ECB3828_zpsk7ynezwr.jpg

Next
A fun little bolt on mod.
The dji lens filter kit, and lenses, this helps get a nicer shot, by changing different filters for your particular shot
Here it is installed:
92758B34-5E64-4D5E-A4B5-5BAC9CA120ED_zpsnjpazini.jpg

The lens kit I bought:
76FFEC60-DDC5-41A3-96AE-A05DF924DD00_zps0yxakj49.jpg

( 46mm lens )
( Both dji lens kit and filters can be bought on eBay )

This is part #1 of 5
Scroll down for other parts!

Take care,
J Dot

Hi there, the tips are great and I've done a couple of them....all good stuff and well done. I have just done a mod on the yaw and the move left/right actions and am in the middle of testing the results. This mod is called Yaw Mod and allows you to dial up and down the speeds of the actions. Regards Ian.

Lol,
I've been building slow yaw mod switches for a couple years now,
Like these:
image.jpeg

Full plug-n-play, reduced to 1/3 speed using 10k resistance, and my switches light up.
Check these out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And it working ( version 1 switch ) I'm on version 5 now.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope this helps
J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod and bernek
Hi, thanks for the reply. The mod I am using has 5 speed settings but the slowest ones are very slow. I am going to try a few more test flights to judge which settings are the best. Thanks for the videos and advice. Regards Ian.

I would not go above 20 or even 20,
Is really really slow, almost boringly slow. But anything under that would be fine ( how are you keeping resistance matched? ) are you using potentiometers? Or just a 5 way switch? I found the metal resistors 1% the best, and I match each pair with a multimeter. Hope this helps ( matched resistors keep left-right speeds the same ) otherwise you'll go fast one way, slower the other.

J Dot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.