My 1st oh crap moment!

Reaction score
I set up a mission from litchi hub, downloaded to the tablet on site. It was about a 2.4 mile route around me looking at the flooded trinity river. It went well till I heard "SIGNAL LOST" I could see the drone and I wanted to hit return to home, but decided I needed to trust I set everything right and let it do its mission. It regained signal only to lose again then regain it. It flew to last waypoint set above me. I landed it and have great video of the flood. While this was going on me and the local game warden had a great chat about the drone. He asked general questions looked at my tablet and said he needs to get one!

I set up a mission from litchi hub, downloaded to the tablet on site. It was about a 2.4 mile route around me looking at the flooded trinity river. It went well till I heard "SIGNAL LOST" I could see the drone and I wanted to hit return to home, but decided I needed to trust I set everything right and let it do its mission. It regained signal only to lose again then regain it. It flew to last waypoint set above me. I landed it and have great video of the flood. While this was going on me and the local game warden had a great chat about the drone. He asked general questions looked at my tablet and said he needs to get one!

Great news all went well. In order to abort the mission, RTH or otherwise, you would need a connection between the AC and RC. That's the beauty of Litchi. It will fly the mission for you!

And please do post a link to the video when it's ready!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Here is a link to the video I did, I had to delete and repost to drop box several times. When you went to play the video it would be very choppy but only in drop box. I could play on the pc and it was clear as a bell. Let me know if there are any problems watching it. This last time it looked ok.
Dropbox - Trinity river flood - Copy.mp4
Plays fine for me.

Worked well for me, Mac Desktop, no problem whatsoever. Not aware of the Trinity River, but guessing as you are in TX, that is where it must be.

Nice video. I’ve been using Litchi for a very short time. I have a built a couple of waypoint missions, but haven’t tried them out yet, because of the certainty that I will lose signal for about half of the flight.
So far, I have done a couple of missions well within range, and it did fine.
I’m grounded right now, due to weather and gout of my hand. Yeah, my hand. I had surgery on it for a biopsy and it caused a gout attack. Oh,well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94