Must have apps for the P4P

Reaction score
Just getting ready to pick mine up for the first time....never flown before. What apps are a MUST have for the P4P????

Cheers,
Dean

DJI Go 4
DJI Assistant 2 on a PC or Mac
A general weather app is useful, I use XCWeather
UAVForecast for a more detailed weather view
HD Sync to get flight logs up to Airdata
A NFZ map - in UK Drone Assist is good
Litchi - not essential or free, but good to have

RTH is a feature of the Phantom - it's programmed into it.
RTH (and a lot of other basic features) work equally regardless of what app is running.
Do you have the most likes on this forum? :)

Thanks for all the suggestions....I guess I should also mention I am in Canada. I'll definitely start with those as I venture to take my FIRST flight ever!!!

Wow Litchi is not cheap!!!!

If you use Litchi and have a problem, I don't believe you are covered under the DJI warranty

If you use Litchi and have a problem, I don't believe you are covered under the DJI warranty
Using Litchi will not void the DJI warranty. However, DJI has not honored warranties in the past when pilots lost their drones when using Litchi and were not able to produce a DJI flight log (since it was on the drone). Who could blame them though since the pilots had no proof their drones were lost due to a malfunction.

Reactions: Meta4
DJI will not honor their DJI Care Refresh if you are running Litchi and / or 3rd party batteries, even if they had nothing to do with the failure. Even if it was flat out pilot error, Litchi / 3rd party battery makes your claim invalid.

As for just standard warranty ... good luck. They may or may not.

It's a shame, too, because from a mission planning standpoint, Litchi blows DJI's app out of the water.

DJI will not honor their DJI Care Refresh if you are running Litchi
The DJI Care Refresh exclusions only mention they do not cover damage resulting from the use of 3rd party software. The fact that you were using 3rd party software doesn't necessarily mean the 3rd party software caused the damage.

The DJI Care Refresh exclusions only mention they do not cover damage resulting from the use of 3rd party software. The fact that you were using 3rd party software doesn't necessarily mean the 3rd party software caused the damage.

I questioned DJI with that exact scenario as I lost one of my birds due to pilot error. Since I was using a 3rd party battery and Litchi, all claims were immediately null and void. They, as a hard rule, will not honor any DJI Care claims where you were using non-DJI batteries or software, whether or not they had any bearing on the damage.

They, as a hard rule, will not honor any DJI Care claims where you were using non-DJI batteries or software, whether or not they had any bearing on the damage.
Until that hard rule appears in their warranty or DJI Care information, we should not assume it to be true.

They applied that rule to another poster in the DJI forum, who was claiming a refresh, but it must of been because they don't accept the Litchi logs, only the dat files from the aircraft if your lucky to retrieve it.

I guess it's a trade off, fly with Litchi and have less chance of a flyway or use DJI Go4 with more chance of a fly away but have a greater chance of a refresh or warranty claim

Just like playing russian roulette :mad:

Last edited:
They applied a that rule to another poster in the DJI forum, who was claiming a refresh
Please reference your source.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl