Multiple issues with P4P ///HELP/// PLZ

That's probably the best explanation I've read as to why I shouldn't worry about calibration. I'm pretty sure the firmware update caused the message for VPS calibration. I may just fly it and see how it goes. If it goes well then I'll just leave it alone. If I get tired of all these hurdles and sell...I'll explain message about VPS to new owner the way you have presented it here. Thanks
As I have advised others on this forum, we are a good group looking to help out. if you let us know where you are, someone local to you might be willing to come out and help you with your first flight. I know I have done that for a few people. An experienced pilot can help you with what you need to know to avoid all the mistakes we've made so that you don't make them.

I have calibrated the VPS on my laptop which is a 2019 Mac. It's not that intuitive to do, so I would watch a video other than a DJI video, so that you understand the process.

Reactions: Ncguy
As I have advised others on this forum, we are a good group looking to help out. if you let us know where you are, someone local to you might be willing to come out and help you with your first flight. I know I have done that for a few people. An experienced pilot can help you with what you need to know to avoid all the mistakes we've made so that you don't make them.

I have calibrated the VPS on my laptop which is a 2019 Mac. It's not that intuitive to do, so I would watch a video other than a DJI video, so that you understand the process.
Thanks. I'm in Morganton, NC just east of Asheville.
I'm fixing to call Dji and ask them about system requirements for A2. I'll update with any info.

Ok, I just got off the phone with Dji.
I guess I need to go and learn a new language. Just like every help center I've called in last 10 yrs she was a very polite woman from India. Her accent was so bad I understood about 2 of 10 words. I finally got her to understand what I wanted " dji assistant 2 " system requirements or at least size of file.
She said I don't need a computer at first. Finally she admitted I do need a computer and it could be a laptop. I said great before I buy a laptop. ...can you tell me size of the app or any specs so I know what computer to purchase.
Her answer. "You don't need a computer to calibrate VPS. She was getting frustrated with me having a hard time understanding her. We parted as friends. WT!!!
I actually think I lost some of the knowledge I had gained before the call to Dji.

Reactions: cneedelman
Thanks for the confidence boost. It is telling me to fix issue. When I connect rc and ac via phone all looks good except abnormal message regarding the eyes calibration via Pc or mac. If it was a warning light on a car I'd drive until I could fix. With the phantom I worry about falling out of the sky or hard landing ruining it.
Reason I wanted flight simulator is to learn toggles. Not concerned about playing with obstacle courses.
I'm the type that fixes known issues with just about everything. Also, I'd rather it be fixed before selling if I sell. I'm not going to lie to buyer so I'd rather it be in perfect running condition.
I might just take it to a grassy field and check things out. Maybe launch off a fold up table.
Im
Sounds like it wants you to calibrate the vision sensors. This is really easy. Download the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom and install it on a computer with a 14-22" screen. Anything smaller or larger might throw an error and ask you to input the size manually. Just follow the cues and done.

Sounds like it wants you to calibrate the vision sensors. This is really easy. Download the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom and install it on a computer with a 14-22" screen. Anything smaller or larger might throw an error and ask you to input the size manually. Just follow the cues and done.
Thanks, I appreciate your help. I've heard that the screen has to be minimum of 14". I can't find out if it has to be a desktop computer and app or if I can use a 14" laptop.
If I had a computer I would just try it. Since I don't I will have to buy one. That's why I want to know just what type computer I need in an android system as I don't want to pay the price of a mac. Many people can download the app to their computer. The trouble comes when you actually use A2 for calibration.
I've yet to hear from anyone that has used a android laptop with success.

All the how to calibrate videos I've watched they use a desktop pc.
I'd hate to spend 2-300 on a desktop only to use for calibrations. At least if I could find an adroid laptop that would run calibration I could use it more often for other things.

Last edited:
I have a dell inspiron laptop with 15” screen and it does the calibration fine. The one time it wouldn’t calibrate the vps was because I had an outdated version of assistant 2.

I have a dell inspiron laptop with 15” screen and it does the calibration fine. The one time it wouldn’t calibrate the vps was because I had an outdated version of assistant 2.
Awesome!!! Thanks.
Any idea of your laptops specs? Ram-processor-16,32,64

The specs will depend on what else you could envision yourself doing with it. I would think photo and video editing would be the first things. I think the least expensive you should entertain should have 16GB of RAM and either an i5 or i7 Quad-Core processor no older than an 8th Gen. Preferably 32 GB of RAM if you can find one without a big cost impact. Sometimes it works out better to buy the least amount of RAM and get what you need from crucial.com. Either way you are going to be looking at $650-700.

The specs will depend on what else you could envision yourself doing with it. I would think photo and video editing would be the first things. I think the least expensive you should entertain should have 16GB of RAM and either an i5 or i7 Quad-Core processor no older than an 8th Gen. Preferably 32 GB of RAM if you can find one without a big cost impact. Sometimes it works out better to buy the least amount of RAM and get what you need from crucial.com. Either way you are going to be looking at $650-700.
I am thinking of buying a Dell latitude. The one pictures is 215. He has another one for $270 but it has 16 Ram and a better graphics card. Seems to be a good deal. What say y'all?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210404-094641.png
    Screenshot_20210404-094641.png
    816.2 KB · Views: 125
I am thinking of buying a Dell latitude. The one pictures is 215. He has another one for $270 but it has 16 Ram and a better graphics card. Seems to be a good deal. What say y'all?
That looks like +/- a Latitude E5430 and is going to have a 3rd Gen dual-core. It does support 16gb of RAM so you could do a Crucial upgrade. It going to be limited to a surfing machine and light processing so if that is all you need then it may be a good starting point. Make sure the battery is good.

Awesome!!! Thanks.
Any idea of your laptops specs? Ram-processor-16,32,64
I’m not sure off hand. It plays the 4K video just fine also. It’s like this, the Inspiron 15.

I went through our inventory of laptops to be retired and found a Latitude E5470. It has a 6th Gen i7-6850HQ, 16GB RAM and a 500GB HD. I will charge it up and see how the battery behaves. I'll PM you when I figure it out.

That looks like +/- a Latitude E5430 and is going to have a 3rd Gen dual-core. It does support 16gb of RAM so you could do a Crucial upgrade. It going to be limited to a surfing machine and light processing so if that is all you need then it may be a good starting point. Make sure the battery is good.
The latitude for 270 is a quad core 16 Ram

The latitude for 270 is a quad core 16 Ram
That is the one I would go for. Do you know what model? Above you said a dedicated graphics card so not the integrated Intel chipset. Hopefully Nvidia. You should be able to do some fine photos and video on that.

That is the one I would go for. Do you know what model? Above you said a dedicated graphics card so not the integrated Intel chipset. Hopefully Nvidia. You should be able to do some fine photos and video on that.
He just sent me this info,

Dell latitude
i7 quad processor, 16 Ram,windows 10 Pro fresh install, 500HD, Nvidia 4200m, 64 bit for $270
Good deal?

Reactions: chascoadmin
He just sent me this info,

Dell latitude
i7 quad processor, 16 Ram,windows 10 Pro fresh install, 500HD, Nvidia 4200m, 64 bit for $270
Good deal?
Yes it is, probably pretty close to the one I have and I couldn't sell less than $325. The only other factor would be the battery. Unless it has been replaced recently it will need to be soon.

Yes it is, probably pretty close to the one I have and I couldn't sell less than $325. The only other factor would be the battery. Unless it has been replaced recently it will need to be soon.
Says new battery just concerned because he doesn't know generation

Says new battery just concerned because he doesn't know generation
Does he know the model or the service tag? (If it's a Dell) I can look it up. I think as long as it is the quad and a 6th Gen or higher it will work for you. You just won't be able to get into much drone map processing.

Does he know the model or the service tag? (If it's a Dell) I can look it up. I think as long as it is the quad and a 6th Gen or higher it will work for you. You just won't be able to get into much drone map processing.
Thanks. He says it's a 6520

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31