new purchase P3S does not like any apple device help!?

Reaction score
Hello all, im a noob to this forum,

I recently purchased a P3S (2 of them actually one was a return for this issue , the replacement does the same thing. firmware?

my wifi from RC to tablet,phone whatever works fine on ANY android i toss at it mainly my galaxy a8 8" tablet which is brand new and only the dJI go app is on it (and its stock crap), but my iPad mini3, iPad air 2, iPhone 6s plus all running iOS 10.3.2 will not connect to the RC wifi for anything, I've reset the RC wifi with the gimbel toggle, changed it, reset networking on the apple devices , nothing, incorrect password or unable to connect to phantom3_xxxx or whatever name i change it to, simple passwords 12345678 for my changed one, or the stock 12341234 do not work, both the drones has FW P3C_FW_V01.09.0200 , i even downgraded it to P3C_FW_V01.08.0100 with the empty the sd card copy the bin, fire up the RC connect DJI go app and then turn on the AC, it says installing, beeps for like 20 min, does the d,d,d,d dd, d ,dd, d says completed, recalibrate the IMC/gimble , no dice. also when its on the android tablet, Galaxy A8 8" the go app always gives me a full bar on RC, but image quality constantly complains that the signal is low . i thought , ok maybe interference? took it to a 600 acre farm where there was no wifi besides my RC, same thing, signal full on RC, nothing on the little HD part, and the red image signal low. am i missing something, the Drone flies great, and all functions "seem" to work, but i keep it line of site and don't go over 150-200 ft until i can get some clearer video, I have ordered the Argtek antenna kit, even opened up the RC to make sure all the wires were connected and glued in place, they are... help me drone1kenobe's

43 views and not a single taker, I called DJI, they told me to take it to a "best Buy" and have the geek squad check it out. what ?#?

A long shot but........
Are your android devices nearby and beating the iPad to the punch by connecting to the phantom wifi before the iOS completes its connection??

43 views and not a single taker, I called DJI, they told me to take it to a "best Buy" and have the geek squad check it out. what ?#?
Welcome to the Forum!

Kind of a busy post. :)

Hum, start with the subject.
#1 You can see the remote WiFi signal with your iPhone 6, with the Phantom turned on or off?
#2 You put in the default pass 12341234 and it connects or does not connect?
#3 You tried this with the Dji-go app not started after a power down reset on your phone?

Your turn. :)

Rod

check it 0ut,. i made 2 videos and posted them to my youtube chan

#1 iPhone issue
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
#2 droid working,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and i tried with onto get the iPhones connected with NO droids on, nothing on, even turned off the house wifi and still nothing,

To me your signal problems are going to be another issue.
#3 you have rebooted your phone?

Next, have you?
Told the iPhone and other crApples to forget that network?
Using the android, change the SSID name that remote sends out like "LookAbove", change the pass word to something different like "11223344"

I seen a lot, haven't seen this one, and on two different Phantoms. :rolleyes:

Your signals are so poor in the same room, do you have a cell tower in you bedroom?

Did you have the poor images warnings on the other Phantom?
In clean air that should be .5 miles not .5 feet.

Rod

Be sure all devices that have ever been connected to the p3 have their wifi turned off. Except the intended flight controller(phone/tablet).
I was having significant weak signal flags and erratic telemetry data. Then found out my p3 was connected to my phone and tablet at the same time. Discovered this when the airborne voice announcements started coming from my pocket rather than my tablet!
Good luck

To me your signal problems are going to be another issue. Rod

#3 you have rebooted your phone?

yup, even reset the networking on it, setup iPad mini3 as new device, no dice.

Next, have you?

Told the iPhone and other crApples to forget that network? - yes, tried different ones at different times to see if i was nuts. all other devices are off when i try to connect a new device.

Using the android, change the SSID name that remote sends out like "LookAbove", change the pass word to something different like "11223344" - changed it to Phantom3 and a password of 11223344, same issue.

I seen a lot, haven't seen this one, and on two different Phantoms. :rolleyes:

first ones video was also total blocky, and RC would not connect very well, this one at least i can fly

Your signals are so poor in the same room, do you have a cell tower in you bedroom?

lol, no i do have a wifi appletv, but i also unplugged it, i even shut off the internet at the house via surge protector, all the router/wireless etc was shut off, there is a power pole with a transformer about 100ft from my front door, but weird how the androids can do just fine. I reset networking on my phone, same issue. I reformatted and set up as new the iPad Mini3 with only the DjiGO app on it and still same thing. its driving me nuts!, I can use the droids, but still the video feed sucks major, it does "work" i can fly the drone just fine, gps works and all, i live in a relatively rural area next to a Graveyard. maybe the headstones are anti apple.

Did you have the poor images warnings on the other Phantom? -

yes and no, i had a video problem , it looked like old channel 3 after 11pm in the 1970's, all snowy, I even went to a 600 acre farm across the road from me in the middle of nothing where i was the only wifi signal and still had issues.

In clean air that should be .5 miles not .5 feet.

I agree, I have taken the P3S to 250 Ft high , and about 200 foot away and it says image quality poor return to home. the RC still has a green light and full signal, Hopefully the ArgTek. antennas, and maybe the Power5 mod will do the trick.

Be sure all devices that have ever been connected to the p3 have their wifi turned off. Except the intended flight controller(phone/tablet).
I was having significant weak signal flags and erratic telemetry data. Then found out my p3 was connected to my phone and tablet at the same time. Discovered this when the airborne voice announcements started coming from my pocket rather than my tablet!
Good luck

I leave all my other devices off or in the house when flying. I won't even have anything around me during a compass calibration. its the weirdest thing I've ever encountered. Update: my neighbor a few houses away has a Phantom 4, i know it uses light bridge, but i can plug into his drone with my phone and it works fine,. but thats not wifi. and he too can't connect to my P3s on his own iPhone... Maybe theres a loose antenna wire somewhere inside the drone itself. don't know, too afraid to open it since its only 3 days old now. it still has its 1 year DJI warranty, but it flies ok and works. just the phone/tablet feature. and low video signal that poop it out. the Antennas come today so I hope this helps. I will post an update.

WOW,

Just one other note. In testing, etc.
Connecting to the remote SSID with the mobile device, you do not have to have Phantom turned on or the app installed. That being said, you should be able to take your remote anywhere and have others try to connect to it.

On Android you can download WiFi analyzer by farproc, its just cool.

When you have your Android linked to the remote, what is the IP address on the Android , this issued out out from the remote with DHCP?

Rod

WOW,

Just one other note. In testing, etc.
Connecting to the remote SSID with the mobile device, you do not have to have Phantom turned on or the app installed. That being said, you should be able to take your remote anywhere and have others try to connect to it.

On Android you can download WiFi analyzer by farproc, its just cool.

When you have your Android linked to the remote, what is the IP address on the Android , this issued out out from the remote with DHCP?

Rod

the ip is usually 192.168.1.20 that I've noticed, yeah when my neighbor came down he just tried to connect to the RC, the AC was not on at the time, its a wild thing....

This is what I would do: format the SD card, re-upgrade the firmware to the latest 1.09.02 via DJI GO (on Android, as that's your only option at the moment) following the procedure by the book, then reset one more time the WiFi from GO, and re-link the RC to the AC. If iOS devices still cannot connect, I would send it back to DJI under warranty.

i will give it a try, sucks wonder if i had a bad batch, they both came from the same store, arg. i heard DJI takes forever to fix these things. I'm cool with using my Galaxy tab 8 , heck i just bought it because the iPhones won't connect, and I'm president of the more money than brains club in my area. still going to try the antenna mods too, I've updated and downgraded firmwares back to P3C_FW_V01.08.0100, but can't get back to 1.79 , it works but bitches about gimble and such

i will give it a try, sucks wonder if i had a bad batch, they both came from the same store, arg. i heard DJI takes forever to fix these things. I'm cool with using my Galaxy tab 8 , heck i just bought it because the iPhones won't connect, and I'm president of the more money than brains club in my area. still going to try the antenna mods too, I've updated and downgraded firmwares back to P3C_FW_V01.08.0100, but can't get back to 1.79 , it works but bitches about gimble and such
Have you tried taking your controller(s) and iPad/iPhone out in the boonies (or away from your neighborhood) ? The Wifi signal generates from the controller and, as others mentioned, the drone is not required. Simply turning on the controller is really all thats required for a mobile to connect to its network.

If it was only one controller this would be a no brainer. Return the controller and get a new one. Odd that you are having this problem with more than one controller. I think you have us all (so far) stumped. Running out of ideas. I have android and iOS and almost always the latter is the quickest if not to easiest to connect to the RC.

Have you tried taking your controller(s) and iPad/iPhone out in the boonies (or away from your neighborhood) ? The Wifi signal generates from the controller and, as others mentioned, the drone is not required. Simply turning on the controller is really all thats required for a mobile to connect to its network.

If it was only one controller this would be a no brainer. Return the controller and get a new one. Odd that you are having this problem with more than one controller. I think you have us all (so far) stumped. Running out of ideas. I have android and iOS and almost always the latter is the quickest if not to easiest to connect to the RC.

i stumped DJI too.... i will drive it out to no mans land, even though i was in a 600acre field across the street from my house and there were no wifi signals around and it still didnt work on the iOS platforms, so i just used the droid tablet, and still had video image quality low issues, both drones were side by side at best buy, i bought one, returned it and got the other one on exchange, this one at least flies. Ive heard DJI quality control is NOT a hight point so who knows... i will keep you posted.

Dude, this is nuts. :rolleyes:
Can you go back to the store, and just compare apples and oranges?

I mean, see if you can connect to one of there remotes with a crApple. Since the apples can see the SSID, its like there something wrong with the data, like a security flaw.

Rod

Strange problem. The android saying that the signal is weak is weird but a few other people have reported that issue around here, maybe try a search.

The Apple part looks like either there is a defective network stream, the network security is somehow wrong/mismatched or your drone isn't receiving what you are typing properly. I have had that happen on an android with a non-stock keyboard app but not on an Apple.

Try installing a wifi signal app on your tablet (as mentioned above the far pro one is good - wifi analyzer) and see what the signal strength is, channel overlaps and network security mode is.

Or it could just be some corrupted software/firmware. Sorry this is probably not much help.

@KongWerks,

You got some good points, I think the same, something wrong with the RC, Apples are net letting it connect something is wrong with the hand shake. Since the Android is weak, almost proves there is a problem. The video image is having to be resent over and over.

Since he has a working Android, my thought was the same. Easily see if WiFi overlaps and signal strength. Wouldn't show quality.
There is probably an app that would show throughput like on a computer, that would be nice to have.

Rod

apple has history of difficult wifi linking. If the ac connects and flies fine with Android, then apple is the issue.

IT LIVES!!!!! fracking firmware!!!! downgraded to 1.790 after failed attempts to get below 1.80 with numerous sensor errors, 1.8 worked fine, but finally got to 1.790 and low and behold, everything works AWESOME on my phone and iPads now. video and all at 100% signal, best flight i have ever had with it, don't know whats up with the newer FW's but keep this on ice in case someone else has this crazy issue., pictures attached!

IMG_1339.jpg
IMG_1339.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member