Multiple flight modes

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will be making my first ever flight tomorrow with my new P3P. I'm going to spend the first flight in beginner mode to get the hang of the controls. I have a couple of questions.

I've practiced in the simulator. Is it worth be spending the entire first flight in beginner mode, or maybe just the first 10 minutes and then spend 5 minutes gaining height etc (nothing too daring).

I've read a lot on these forums about switching into to ATTI mode when there are issues. Obviously this is disabled when flying in beginner mode, but I assumed it's worth toggling the multiple flight mode switch once I'm out of beginner mode so I can switch into this mode if necessary?

never flew in beginner mode they are real easy to fly just take it slow and you will due great

Hi everyone,
I will be making my first ever flight tomorrow with my new P3P. I'm going to spend the first flight in beginner mode to get the hang of the controls. I have a couple of questions.
I've practiced in the simulator. Is it worth be spending the entire first flight in beginner mode, or maybe just the first 10 minutes and then spend 5 minutes gaining height etc (nothing too daring).
I've read a lot on these forums about switching into to ATTI mode when there are issues. Obviously this is disabled when flying in beginner mode, but I assumed it's worth toggling the multiple flight mode switch once I'm out of beginner mode so I can switch into this mode if necessary?
The P3 is much easier to fly than you imagine.
It takes about 5 minutes to learn - but a lot of practice and experience to become proficient.
You'll probably never encounter any of those "issues"

For learning, the critical thing is to practise in a large clear open area, well away from trees and buildings.
Flying close to obstacles is by far, the largest killer of Phantoms.
And don't fly too close to the ground ... the ground is the biggest obstacle.
Obstacles are the number one enemy of quadcopters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj